Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: goldmax power or fisher f75 !!  (Read 8456 times)
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« on: July 01, 2011, 11:55:01 AM »

HI ALL.
ive been having a chat with mr still got no hammy.s..he.s thinking about getting a new machine.the two he has in mind is the goldmax power and the fisher f75.i know nothing about the goldmax power myself.but as many people know the fisher f75 is a top machine for pasture.
which he only detects inland..can anyone give they.re views on both machines please.
cheers all.
raymondo.

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
colin

dig everything

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 01:48:02 PM »

Hi ray I use the f75 and have found two gold coins on pasture don't know much about the goldmaxx or any other detectors,wouldn't swap my f75 for any other detector Wink
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 01:51:13 PM »

myself i dont blaim you mate.i would.nt mind a f75 myself.but i feel the same way as yourself about my D.F.X.would.nt swop it for the world mate.

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 01:57:10 PM »

Not a great deal in it really, they  are both running the same frequency though the GMP has more accessory coils, the F75 has a VDU if you like to visually check your signal. BUT being 14KHz neither of them are at their best on Pasture, give them ploughed and rolled and they will eat the opposition for breakfast but if you want a machhine purely for pasture then neither of those would be my choice.
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 02:12:40 PM »

what would you go for cheffy..DFX.LOL.

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 02:32:17 PM »

Actually Ray "yes" the DFX would be one of them as it runs not only on 15 but also on 3KHz, some others would be Etrac/Explorer, Sovereign, Goldmaxxx, Deus or teknetics omega.
avalon

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 02:45:21 PM »

I've found most of my best finds with a DFX fitted with a hotshot coil, great coverage and you can also find cut quarters with it.

avalon

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »

I also think the Fisher F75 and T2 Ltd take a lot of beating on depth, especially when you switch  to CL mode. You need to swing slow in this mode but it will go to amazing depths.

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 04:17:49 PM »

Actually Ray "yes" the DFX would be one of them as it runs not only on 15 but also on 3KHz, some others would be Etrac/Explorer, Sovereign, Goldmaxxx, Deus or teknetics omega.

Some good suggestions there.

A mate runs the Omega 8000 with T2 coil and he not only regularly pulls hammered but nice artefacts. The designer, Dave Johnson, who designed much of the Fisher and Tecknetics range stated it was his favourite machine. Not many of these machines about, and highly underated. Glad to see you mention it.

I have never used a DFX but had V3 which I liked a lot but it was overly complicated, heavy, with average recovery speed.

Personally, I think that simple dual or tri band machines are the way to go providing the recovery speed is up to the mark.

If I only had an average budget it'd be a DFX or Omega, but the multi-freq's are good all round machines except on loose soil and can be picked up quite cheap now.

The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 05:50:07 PM »

I'm very happy with the F75 for all land detecting - pasture, stubble or cultivated. The GMP is also an excellent machine but I've never used one.
Teacup
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »

I would like to correct a mistake made by chef geoff !! who be he  Huh the goldmaxx power does,nt run on 14khz instead it runs on 18khz and  as a lot faster recovery speed than the fisher f75  Wink but would agree with chef on the multio frequency minelabs being the deepest on pasture as a rule no good amongst the iron though Tongue

TEMPUS FUGIT
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 08:26:19 PM »

Yes your right Teacup I do apologise I was wrong, I meant to infer they are both high frequency machines and so suited more to small low conductive targets and not  particularly set up for the greater depth that is usually needed on old pasture.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 08:30:15 PM »

I would like to correct a mistake made by chef geoff !! who be he  Huh the goldmaxx power does,nt run on 14khz instead it runs on 18khz and  as a lot faster recovery speed than the fisher f75  Wink but would agree with chef on the multio frequency minelabs being the deepest on pasture as a rule no good amongst the iron though Tongue

The Minelab Explorer and ET are good on pasture but it's arguable that they are the deepest. They are the best on wet sand but awful on disturbed ground. And, many say they aren't good amongst iron either.

However, you may be right about the depth issue if you meant the Minelab GPX 4800 and GPX 5000.  Wink

Rob Two Spades

XP Deus

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 08:52:16 PM »

My T2Ltd is very deep on good pasture (low in iron compounds) but not too hot on ploughed or 'fluffy' soil.

What effect does frequency have on ploughed soil?- if I was to get a spare machine specifically for ploughed what works well?

2017:
9 Hammereds - best: Edward IV Groat
46 Roman Bronze
1 Roman Denarius
Late Saxon strap end
2 Roman rings
2 Roman brooches
1 Roman Seal box
StumbledUpon

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 09:28:11 PM »

used both, f75 is deeper. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2