Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Any clubs in the llanelli area?  (Read 11922 times)
NickDavies
Rally attendee

« on: June 26, 2011, 12:08:36 AM »

New to metal detecting, so was wondering if there were any clubs around the area, PM with any details that would be much appriciated Cheesy

Thanks Nick Cheesy

It's there, you just have to look for it!
Polaris
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 07:37:16 AM »

Look in this forum under welsh clubs  or
click this link,  http://www.detectingwales.com/index.php?topic=6324.0
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:43:06 AM by Polaris(Ray) » Logged
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:12:03 AM »

eh llanelli club,swansea club lol Roll Eyes

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 03:25:10 PM »

Yeah , you do have one in Llanelli, its a lot better now as well.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
romany jones
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 06:47:13 PM »

Llanelli club anyone any idea where its based,
romany jones
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 06:45:41 PM »

Has anyone had a look at the Celtic searchers website my god the verification section is impossible to get right have ago, I think I might give that a miss.
scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 07:33:20 PM »

just been on there to have a look and my anti virus gave me a big fat NO mate so didn't bother  Huh Huh
romany jones
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 07:20:01 PM »

Cheers for that, its not meant to be they are more secret than the masons Grin and the web page is really badly written.
Landyman

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 10:34:06 AM »

I once tried to join them but the idiot running it got it into his head that I only wanted to join so I could attend their rallies and nothing else. He wouldnt let me join. Their loss, I had loads of permissions they could come on...............
rob67
Rally attendee

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 02:22:54 PM »

Have a look at Swansea heritage club, they do digs near Llanelli area, and are a friendly bunch.
Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 07:53:39 PM »

are there going to be any rallies on here anytime soon?
David.JJ
Rally attendee

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »

looking at the comments about the celtic searcher and because llanelli is only 25 miles away from me i decided to have a look at their website.
i put celtic searchers into google and clicked on a link and i can't understand why people had problems because it was simple to understand and very easy to register as long as people can actually read what is written.
the first thing i noticed is they only use their proper names so i registered using my name and surname and then answered thei questions which yet again was simple if someone did things properly and understood simple english.
I was accepted and their website is very simple and very good and very easy to use which is great at my age. i saw they had a meeting last friday so i went there and had a waarm welcome and i must admit their club meeting should be copied by other clubs because it was very informative and what i also liked is that they are a great bunch with brilliant attitudes which from what everyone told me there their rallies are the same and unfortunately i could not go on their rally last sunday because my knee is playing up. i was also amazed to discover that they have held club rallies nearly every other week for over 6 years and from what was said they have no interest in what other clubs do or where they go because they are only interested in what they do and not what others do. i like that attitude. 
all i can say is that the celtic searchers website was very easy to get on and from what malcome said its amazing how many people cant understand why using an alias to register gets rejected and i fully understand why people dont like the club is because they cant wait until the last minute to go on their ralies.
i hope my coments are taken the right way but to register on dw i simply read and understood what was said and i did things properly and just like on dw and celtic seartchers i was accecpted with no problem.
i have made this post because people have knocked the celtic searchers for no reason other than blaming them for what i can only think was their own mistakes or if they did register that they doo not likie their attitude of running a club for its members and not a select few.
I know i have only been on the celtic searchers website a couple of times and they dont have as much content or as many posts as dw but people shoiuld remember that its a club website for their members and not an excelent forum like dw with hundreds of members.
i hope saying that the celtic searchers meet on the first friday of the month is acceptable on here and to say that i had no problems registering on their website and how i found the members i talked to last week and their attiudes.
Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 09:16:23 PM »

well said david jj   its nice to see someone who actually takes time to find out the facts and details about other clubs before making any statements,   .   . a very informative post well done mate
Landyman

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »

Yeah, I agree. Registering on a web site aint exactly rocket science. I also checked Celtic Searchers out before deciding to join and after CORRECTLY applying I got refused.
 When I questioned it I was told that I am only joining so that I can go on their rallies which was complete hogwash.
 I do not go on local rallies. I would rather travel further afield where there is more chance of finding some goodies. There is always better rallies being advertised so dont need to join celtic searchers for their rallies.
 Just thought I would join a local club to meet other detectorists. I could of maybe helped some of the newbies with my 20 years of experience.

The only thing that I can think of that might be a reason for not wanting me is that at the time I applied my name was in the news because of the hoard I found. That is the only thing that my name is connected with on the web.

I found it a bit odd that the forum members cant have a user name. I am a member of about 20 different forums and each and every one of them ask for a user name which can be anything but importantly, have to also give real name for their records.

Anyway, as I said before, its their loss not mine and I wouldnt join them now if they paid me. Not after the attitude I experienced from them.
Good luck to any celtic searcher members. Hope its a good club. Though a shame about the one bad apple with attitude.
David.JJ
Rally attendee

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 01:23:48 PM »

i have to reply to the last post sorry
the poster says he registered correctly and got refused so how could he ask questions if he could not get on the website. that does not make sense.
the last poster says he does not want to go on local rallies but has not told us where he lives. 
all i can work out from his post that is that he obviously does not live anywhere near llanelli or in carmarthenshire or pembrokeshire and obviously does not want to go detecting in the vale of glamorgan or the valleys because that is where i discovered all their local club rallies have been held since the club started.
as for user names. i have never know a website or forum where pople can make a post without  having a user name. on here my user name is david.jj and on their website its david.j so that members know which david is making a post and members know who is who.
as they say everyone can make up their own minds about clubs and the same can be said about what people write on their posts
i must agree that he will have to travel further to find better goodies so maybe someone on dw can advise the poster where he can find a local club that does not detect in south wales.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal