Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe?  (Read 4895 times)
Merlin
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:24:35 AM »

There is a story that has been told over many years about a  member of my family.Heres the story.My grandmother`s brother Bernard Danaher was killed fighting in the first world war.He was part of a Lewis Gun Section  which was taking the ridge on the last day of the battle of Paschendaele.He was a private aged 21 in the 1st battalion of the South Wales Borderers,and was killed on the 10th November 1917.At the time he was killed,he walked down the stairs past
sed his mother[my great grandmother] in full uniform,at St Michaels Street Newport.
       What do you think?

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:52:32 PM by Merlin » Logged
Nick
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 01:30:36 PM »

I don't know what to believe, good story though, very interesting.

My grandfather died, not in his house but in a house across the street. The new owner, across the street, knew my wife and after a conversation it transpired that she had seen my grandfather several times in the house. She described him exactly, there was no mistaking, it was him.

Strange but true.

Nick
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 02:16:27 PM »

I haven't seen a ghost or know anyone "sensible" who has seen a ghost. I am a true non-believer, When you are dead you are dead. Or lots of ghosts would be asking detectorists for their hoards back!
zorro
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 02:06:44 PM »

its a poser of a question isnt it ?
because we cant see or rationalise something doesnt mean it doesnt exist. until the 1600's we had no real concept of electricty, that doesnt mean it didnt exist we just hadnt found a way of explaining it yet. In 1660 Guericke invented a crude machine to produce static electricity, it could now be explained and so accepted.
tests have proved that by covering a dolphins eyes it can still detect different shapes/objects. in water this experiment was always believed to have been done by using sonar but dolphins have proved this can also been done through air, baffling scientists, who now believe dolphins use a type of mental telepathy.
so why cant energy (as in apparitions, ghosts etc)  be stored or appear in some form.
now im not saying i believe or dont believe im just saying "anything is possible that is NOT proved to be impossible"  Huh
hedgehog
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 03:46:03 PM »

I am a non believer too but I was recently talking to someone who's child was ill with a very high temperature and had stopped breatheing, her mother was with her too! A young lad walked in through their door (they had called the ambulance) and said "he'll be alright missus , take all his clothes off and lie him on the floor" she did this the child started breathing, ambulance arrived, took his nappy off too to cool him down. Woman asked where is the boy? Ambulance guys said "what boy" , woman and mother had never seen him before and haven't seen him since, that's odd too!
waltonbasinman
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 04:11:52 PM »

You no what, it is something that has always fascinated me. I am not a believer but there are things that happen that do not have a rational explanation, so where do you go from there. The more you think about them the more you can,t explain them.  So why does it happen. I dunno ! But is,nt it interesting.  Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal