Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: French detectorists seek archaelogical asylum in Wales.  (Read 12172 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 07:25:49 PM »

Hi Max
Welcome to the forum, I think i understand, you want to deposit records of your finds in Wales so that you can show you record correctly but due to the law in France you have to do it privatly.
I hope you wont mind if I point out to those who may not know of your work, just who you are.

For anyone who has an Explorer or Etrac and uses the emulator software, Max is the inventor of it.
Max I'm sure that if you or your fellow detectorists need help with anything over here in Wales, someone on this forum will be able to give it.

Chef
proconsul
Proconsul

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 10:04:44 PM »

Welcome to the site, Max. I hope we can establish an entente cordiale between Welsh and French detectorists.  I would be interested to know how you get on with the Legionary Museum in Caerleon. We might be able to publicise what you're doing over here which may reach the ears of French journalists and do you some good in France. Have you already contacted the museum?

Geoff
hedgehog
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 06:53:58 AM »

What a great idea, hope it all works out. It is a shame that you need to resort to that though, there are many , many worse things going on in the world than someone going out with a metal detector and it does defy logic really. When you think about it , what does the past matter as far as metallic objects are concerned, it's a bit like "it's my ball and you can't play with it", What does archaeology really give to the world?
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 09:34:59 AM »

For anyone who has an Explorer or Etrac and uses the emulator software, Max is the inventor of it.

Chef
[/quote]

What does the emulator software do please?

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
13au
Rally attendee

Minelab E-trac

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »

Welcome to the site, Max. I hope we can establish an entente cordiale between Welsh and French detectorists.  I would be interested to know how you get on with the Legionary Museum in Caerleon. We might be able to publicise what you're doing over here which may reach the ears of French journalists and do you some good in France. Have you already contacted the museum?

Geoff

Thank you Geoff,

We choosed Caerleon Museum because the place is very symbolic, and we were not looking for a too big museum.
We didn't contatc them directly, but we added a letter to our forms to explain why we are seeking for asylum.
The more you publicise what we are doing, the more efficient will be our action.
Thank you.

Max
13au
Rally attendee

Minelab E-trac

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 09:45:30 AM »

Richy.

Richy,
The "emulator" is a Windows program wich emulate the Explorer or E-trac detectors.
Here are some pics of this program : http://explorer2.free.fr/download.html
One can coose different objects on the lower part and when one move the mouse over the object the emulator react exactly as the true detector!
Sounds and displays !

Max
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 10:26:48 AM »

Thanks for the explanation Max. Smiley

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
13au
Rally attendee

Minelab E-trac

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 11:26:42 AM »

Looks like our action has started to be known...... by your detractors !

http://paul-the vexatious blogger with incredibly itchy underpants.blogspot.com/2009/03/french-metal-detectorists-seek.html

and

http://heritageaction.wordpress.com/2009/03/26/french-metal-detectorists-seek-archaeological-asylum-in-britain/

Max

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 11:37:11 AM »

Max, I really hope you get a positive responce from these actions, I personaly can't see what Caerleon museum can loose by helping you all, so fingers crossed.
Je te souhaite bien du courage

[[/quote]

Richy.
[/quote]

Just to take Maxs' answer a bit further, the emulator allows you to modify all your detector settings on a computer and see how they react to any target that you may wish to hunt for, after finding the settings that suit you best you can then transfer/download these  into your machine for similar responses in the field.
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 10:23:44 PM »

wow !  does'nt that paul b*****d spout some vitriol ! and having a go at the ukdfd, calling them a "breakaway organisation" ! and then he assumes the museum of wales will be breaking the law by not notifying the correct authorities..here and in france....i find his attitude typical of archies...assuming  things ...i find they have very vivid imaginations !! lets wish our french counterparts well...bon voyage mon ami !....byron

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 12:20:49 AM »

Hi Max

Id like to start with saying Welcome to Wales and the detecting wales forum.

I wish you luck in your quest and thanks for inventing the Emulator
Ive used it a few times before and after i got my Explorer and it gives you a good idea how and explorer reacts to a given target.

All the best
Phil Jones
(RARE)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal