Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RE: DW organisers relating to the end of this club  (Read 1220 times)
ajg3151

« on: March 10, 2011, 09:15:51 PM »

i have to say we now realise from the comments on the post noted in the title what a good job the organisers of detecting wales do rallies with great regularity and different sites too, i joined because the club im with is very inactive theyve been detecting the same farms for 20 years plus and im yet to see them provide somewhere new to detect on so the club digs for me are irrelevant i only joined for the ncmd card but ill join online now and save a tenner, i think the format of dw is the way to go and clubs would be better run online and then just meetings maybe every quarter, i hope you get the club up and running and succesful just remember the people who run the club must be pro-active or the membership will dwindle after the initial rush,
all i can really say is detecting wales have the perfect model to go by, rallies and club digs plentiful thats what the members want as most of us working dont get the chance to get out much and find new land and go detecting so the guys on here are lifesavers for me personally. It also great to see and meet like minded guys and girls who too enjoy this hobby, problem is i still cant remember all the names just faces must be old age creeping in.
keep up the good work guys!!!

any chance of some 2 day weekend rallies in the summer, tents, beer, and bar b que lovely!!!
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 10:04:37 PM »

Thanks for the comment ajg3151 - glad you are enjoying yourself at Detecting Wales. I agree that online seems to be the way forward, but it would be a real shame to lose some of the long established clubs as a consequence.

The plentiful rallies we hold at DW are down solely to Rob's (TaffLaff} fantastic powers of persuasion when it comes to talking to the farming community. I don't just mean farmers when I say this, I also mean sheep dogs, cows, goats and the occasional duck (who could forget that!}. Long may it continue.

Regarding the two day digs - we have held one every year for the past two years and will be doing so again this year. We already have the ball in motion regarding proposed farms and camp sites. More news to follow in a month or so I would imagine.

cheers

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal