Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's prize find lol  (Read 3080 times)
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« on: March 26, 2009, 06:36:12 PM »

After getting  a filling at the dentist today and getting around some shopping centres i got home to find the rain had stopped and the sun was out,   so i went and changed ,  got my gear and went to the flat mountain top behind my house for an hour,
i noticed last week that some large machines had been running along  there with caterpillar tracks  to change  the electricity pylons, Shocked
 They had flattened a wide stretch of Bracken and ant hills making it great for detecting,

well my prize find for the day was an unopened can of Strongbow Cider  lol, Shocked Cry Tongue the machine had just missed it,   i bent down to move it aside as i was finding  10 pence pieces there. oh   i also  found a few coins,  (32),  including a £1 coin and a 1924 silver sixpence, oh,  and a fishing reel. Cheesy

waltonbasinman
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 06:39:57 PM »

God Al, not bad for an hours work.
zorro
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 06:54:48 PM »

see thats where i go wrong i'd have found the can of 'bow, cracked it open and called it a day. well done Al for persevering.
p.s.
 i had a filling yesterday. no 'bow for me tho they gave me a plastic cup of pink liquid......taste bloody awful ! Angry
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 07:32:36 PM »

it would off been ok if you found the arrows to go with the strongbow kev  Cheesy  Cheesy

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
zorro
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 07:55:07 PM »

phil the way my luck is at the moment i'd have sat on the buggers  Shocked
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 09:02:52 PM »

yeah paul.  i love these type of sites, its on the south side of the mountain overlooking houses, its a long flat area which would have been an attraction years ago and would have been grass back then,  still is a meeting place above here  with the modern older kids,  a couple of years ago small areas of the bracken was burned off by the kids i found quite a few pre dec coins in there.
 the army were camped up there during the war, and the farmer who used to farm it then used to breed welsh cobs for the queen,
 down the other side used to be allotments where i have found plenty of pre dec  when it was burned off a few years ago, also a couple of army cap badges,
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:17:06 PM by Al,Thepastfinder ( Alan ) » Logged

hedgehog
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 07:04:27 AM »

That's a lot of digging Al, always a bit of an anomaly occurs when detecting, fishing reel, mountain, why?  Cheesy
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 09:00:25 AM »

a lot of casting practice goes on on open spaces and fields,  could have got lost, or even thrown away sometime Hedgehog,  could have been some rubbish dumped there somewhere at some stage too,
Alan

glynkid

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 04:49:57 PM »

Grest stuff ...my mate Rob in the iOM was lucky to find gold sovereigns after a bracken fire over the top of Douglas mountain some years ago
But no ale or cider

glyn kid

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal