Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: beginners and dry sand detecting  (Read 5002 times)
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« on: March 26, 2009, 06:06:09 PM »

I,ve made qiute a few good finds using this method using my laser powermax2 whatever  model you are using sensitivity should set as high as you can set it without the machine sounding off giving false sigals that is if this happens reduce the sensitivity next get one pulltab of the ring type not the narrow coke can type make sure you remove the long tab from the ring place the ring on a clean patch of sand make it, not near any other metal hold the head coil that is four inches above moving the coil back and fore has you would in normal use adjust the discrimination until theres no signal now turn the discrimination back until you can a slight clipping sound you don,nt want to lose to many good finds important make sure you keep the coil at the same height while carrying out this proceedure you are now ready to take all the pound coins and all  other goodies in this pickup range warning this method is not infalliable you will dig some ring pulls and other rubbish you won,nt be wasting time digging one and two pence pieces using this method on sandy bay porthcawl I compared my finds one morning to a local detectorist finds  using my laser he was using a tesoro silver both machines are made by the same manufacturer he had about thirty coins mainly ones and twos plus three pound coins Ihad twelve pound coins and varous bits and pieces no ones or twos leave the small change for another day I LET HIM IN ON THE METHOD  Grin good hunting hope this of use to all you aspireing dteectorists out there  :)mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
waltonbasinman
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 06:56:25 PM »

I am actually going to do my first beach detecting in a few weeks and its good to see a detectorist giving good hints. My trouble is that i use a Minelab Quattro which i love to death and is very fruitful on the red clay and moraine gravels of Mid Wales. If any body can give me some tips with a Quattro on a beach i would be most grateful.  Smiley
altinkum

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:29:29 PM »

i would'nt disc ring pull's out as the gold ring's are in the same range. digging ring pull's is something you've got to put up with if your after gold.  mike

explorers, my arse
detectordave

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 07:41:52 AM »

i remember a few years ago that carling were printing money values under their rinpulls with ammounts from 10p to £15 all you had to do was return them to carling and they would send a cheque back or you could choose from a gift book of carling goodies never got rich from it but did get some great hangovers Grin Grin

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
mole
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 08:48:24 AM »

Waltonbasin Paul can,nt help you on that one even though I own a quattro which I aquired recently its not been on the sand yet I did once own a sovereign xs2a which I used to good effect on the wet sand in fact I,ve also used an old pulse machine also but the sovereign rules excuse the pun onthe wet sand but not on the dry sand amongst the rubbish  Cry good luck Smiley mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
mole
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 09:05:22 AM »

Alttinkum Mike thats a moot point you will lose some of the goodies but if time is short and as pound coins out number rings on a beach by a considerable margin anyway personally I,d for the pounds myself  if you want gold rings has  mike said Just lower the discrimination level but be prepared to dig more rubbish good luck :)mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
DATA311(Alan)

THE BREAM MACHINE F.I.D.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 03:32:22 PM »

I am hoping to get out on the sand some time this weekend, I will consider some of the tips/ideas and hopefully have a little success on my 1st day out!!!!!!!

Nil illegitimi Carborundum
Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 04:05:48 PM »

Get yourself a cheap plastic brush and pan set.

Drill or burn small holes close as possible together in the shovel part of the pan.

When you get a signal... . dig it and put the dry sand into the pan with holes in it and shake it slowly side to side .... the dry sand will drain out of the holes leaving your find in the pan.

As for the brush .. use it for brushing the sand etc off your detector and clothes and anything else you can think of.

Every Day is a Lovely Day
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 08:13:12 PM »

hi all,zorro made a perfect tool for soft sand out of a 4inch soil pipe,warmed it up a bit to create a small flat base cut a slope on the front,blanked the back, drilled 10mm holes in it scoop the sand shake as you walk sand out goods in scoop,ask tomorrow he will have it in the car,good detecting tomorrow  viv
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 12:49:53 AM »

Hi alan

I think the best tip i could give you on dry sand is have your sense as high as you can stand and use zero discrimination (for maximum depth)

Good tip malcolm

Years ago i made a sand scoop out of a petrol can cut and shaped one end and drilled 100s of holes only used it a few weeks ago but didnt get on with it my Explorers Pinpoint works very well on sand

good luck on the beach alan

all the best
phil jones

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal