Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
Today at 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus owners  (Read 3006 times)
nfl
Superhero Member

« on: July 31, 2011, 08:52:48 PM »

hi guys i am seriously thinking of getting a Deus at the years end,read loads of reports and articles but im still none the wiser,i have at the moment a se,which has been great for finds  and i will be keeping it as a back up {depends if the Deus can outshine the se  Huh},,most of my sites have heavy iron contamination and many of my sites are roman/medieval,ido find the se slightly heavy after 4 hours or so in the field....so would love to hear from any Deus owners especially if theyve upgraded from a minelab....i think given my sites,present tecter etc it may be a good move to make ....anyway let me know your thoughts...cheers 

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
doddy10

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 09:02:51 PM »

I have a Deus , personally think it is very over rated, but each to their own. If you want to sort out a days detecting we with me sometime then you are welcome to borrow the Deus and see how you get on with it.
 I also have the Etrac and G2 and at the moment the G2 is my favourite machine, I made some very nice finds today in rape stubble using the G2 with a  5" coil, will post pictures soon
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »

after a quick shuftie on the interweb i may be better off with a t2 se Grin Grin Grin

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
14thc ring broac
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 01:21:36 PM »

No you wouldn't Paul the T2 SE around your sites (Roman) couldn't be used in "boost" mode because of the iron.
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 01:54:49 PM »

bugger, looks like a Deus then Grin

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
14thc ring broac
jtalbot0001

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »

Hi Paul, sorry to add to your question but I have been thinking of getting a second machine and still can't quite get my head round which one is best! Maybe my question might help you Paul, who knows? So Geoff, you were helping me out before, you mentioned the F75se or G2 perhaps to me. I also can't understand the difference between the F75se and the T2se, they seem so similar, so annoying, and then the G2 again. I never asked you the question like this the last time. Assuming I didn't have the e-trac, and that I probably would be on pasture more than ploughed soil, forgetting the price, which one of the above do you think is the better all round? Thanks, Jon

THE TALBOT MOTTO: "To sniff out all things old and beautiful." ....... Just because I'm extinct doesn't mean I can't sniff out the hammereds!
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »

i dont mind in the slightest mate,ive had my se for 3 years now and everytime i mention to someone im thinking of upgrading they say why bother,im finding the stuff,e trac aint much diff to a se e.t.c ,,,,,so now ive come to the stage that i need a upgrade and now im trying to find a machine that suits me and my sites,,,be it a Deus,garret,etc......my budget does run to a Deus,but anythig considered Grin.

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
14thc ring broac
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 02:41:14 PM »

OK if I was getting a second machine to go with the Minelab then I would be looking at the G2, this is because if I have a second machine I want it to fill the gap the my main machine leaves and in this instance it would be speed, good iron separation, good on freshly ploughed and hot on low conductors all of which come with the higher frequency machines. Next would be the T2 or F75 (the first batch of T2's were the deepest but a bit too sparky) but the ltd and Se are a lot of extra money for something I can do with the Minelab, on another thread Steve has said his T2Se in CL (boost) mode found a cauldron leg at 14 inches well sorry but whoopy doo 14" the one I found the other day was 18 and your axe was I think was about the same. Neither the T2 or F75 were designed to find deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep targets they are fantastic at what they do which is find hammies.....in quantity.........in the first 6 inches of soil. The Etrac and explorer can give you a pretty iffy signal on a cut quarter at 2" the above machines on the other hand will blow your ears off.

Now none of what I have just written answers your question  Cheesy so....um..........ur? the F75 and that's purely because it memorises the settings, but if you didn't have the Etrac and you asked my advice for a machine for pastuer then I'm sorry but I would say "go buy an Etrac" Grin
Paul if you change to the Deus just remember you are doing just that "changing" and not upgrading. I use the the XS which is now 12 years old but I am more than willing to take the Deus to task with it any day of the week. It comes down to what has proved itself and what you are confident with. You have done well with the SE Paul so think carefully.
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »

there speaks a man of wise words ;)you may well have saved me 1300 quid Grin,whats the cost of getting me se refurbed Grin

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
14thc ring broac
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 03:02:20 PM »

For a service and oil change Grin I think it's about £85
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 03:08:41 PM »

bargain Grin

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
14thc ring broac
adesace

If I was a rich man

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 10:54:26 AM »

XP Deus brand new, never taken out of box with all paperwork and warranty, I have been detecting for 40 years and always used non meter detectors, love my Sov GT, bought the Deus on a whim and have only read the instruction book which was enough for me.........£1100 a bargain for somebody.

Kent.......must collect. 

IVAN

Tel:01795 583958

Ade

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal