Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelab Pro-Swing  (Read 6967 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« on: September 08, 2013, 08:05:14 AM »

Is it just me or is Minelab having a laugh, Cheesy don't get me wrong the Pro-Swing looks a well made bit of kit and I'm sure it does what it says on the tin, however £110. Shocked......hears an Idea Minelab...make a machine that that is LIGHT enough to use without having to hip mount, or purchase expensive accessories?....It can be done Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 08:12:38 AM »

They made the Safari for one Paul. Beautifully well balanced and no need for a harness. I manage it for a good 4 hours at a time although I've seen one or two Fellas moan about it's weight.

I know I haven't found some of the wonderful stuff you guys have but I'm confident that if it was there I would have. I reckon it's an under rated machine.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 08:22:40 AM »

No it's not just you Paul, I thought it was an April fools joke with the wrong date Grin Granted it's mainly for the GP series which can be a handful especially with one of the large Commander coils on but when you look at that Pro-Swing you realise that rather than spreading the weight it just gets put on one hip Huh the D ring at the shoulder that their bunchy attaches too is common to many things.
I wear this assault vest when detecting,

And guess what it has the same shoulder D rings and all for the princely sum of £29, so anyone with a bit of nouse could easily rig up their own bungee system for it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:47:52 AM by Chef Geoff » Logged
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 09:14:30 AM »

They made the Safari for one Paul. Beautifully well balanced and no need for a harness. I manage it for a good 4 hours at a time although I've seen one or two Fellas moan about it's weight.

I know I haven't found some of the wonderful stuff you guys have but I'm confident that if it was there I would have. I reckon it's an under rated machine.

Val
I had an early Explorer Val like the Safari its balance was not the issue with me but after all these years even the new all singing all dancing CTX3030 is a great bit of kit, but its still a weighty unit even if well balanced, I just feel if Minelab could put a machine out with the capabilities of their top end machines into something like the Deus range...wow I for one would be first in the queue ;)and of course you are absolutely right most of the stuff I find would be found easily by your Safari, I rarely dig really deep objects and if its not there you don't find it Wink Wink Wink Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 09:16:03 AM »

No it's not just you Paul, I thought it was an April fools joke with the wrong date Grin Granted it's mainly for the GP series which can be a handful especially with one of the large Commander coils on but when you look at that Pro-Swing you realise that rather than spreading the weight it just gets put on one hip Huh the D ring at the shoulder that their bunchy attaches too is common to many things.
I wear this assault vest when detecting,

And guess what it has the same shoulder D rings and all for the princely sum of £29, so anyone with a bit of nouse could easily rig up their own bungee system for it.
Now that I do like and great a price Smiley
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 09:20:32 AM »

It just cuts down on wearing those flipping find pouches which I always feel I should be behind a market stall when wearing lol. It has more than enough pockets and you can attach your pro-pointer to it as well Wink

http://www.military1st.co.uk/products/10712002-mil-tec-ultimate-assault-vest-black.html?gclid=CI-vw6Wuu7kCFZShtAodfGsAbA
Svaipa

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 09:54:41 AM »

Me recon, that after 4 hours it's time for a coffee anyway  Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 12:53:08 PM »

That 4 hours is with the NEL Hunter coil swinging on the end. Made a mistake, weight wise, with that purchase. I pondered whether to buy that or the Ultimate. It's only a bit heavier than the Ultimate but quite a bit heavier than the stock coil. It makes a hell of a difference to the old shoulder but it is an awesome bit of kit.
I never cease to be amazed at the tiny, tiny things I dig up. Just need to drop on the right site and I'll know exactly what I'm doing. (I've had enough practice)

Val

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 01:09:01 PM »

Which nel coil have you got Val?
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »

The  8.5  x  12.5 HUNTER Geoff.

Val

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »

The hunter is only 490g the stock coil is 800g. Huh
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »

We had a similar conversation about this at the time I bought it. I told you I'd gone for the NEL because it was 'advertised' as being slightly lighter than the Ultimate but when it arrived it wasn't. You suggested they weighed it without the wire and connectors to get the advert weight.
Anyway I'm stuck with it now. Can't afford to keep swoping and changing. It is a damned good coil though.

Val

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 02:43:22 PM »

Oh did we Huh sorry Undecided
I probably thought you meant the Tornado, the Pro coil and Ultimate are the same weight all but 50 grams, the hunter as I say is only 490 but the tornado is a whopping half a pound heavier at 1100g.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 02:49:09 PM »

It just cuts down on wearing those flipping find pouches which I always feel I should be behind a market stall when wearing lol. It has more than enough pockets and you can attach your pro-pointer to it as well Wink

http://www.military1st.co.uk/products/10712002-mil-tec-ultimate-assault-vest-black.html?gclid=CI-vw6Wuu7kCFZShtAodfGsAbA
Thanks for that Geoff Smiley
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »

Had a picture of you Geoff, in that Gillet/Waistcoat (whatever) and wondered if you wore a black balaclava to go with it.  Roll Eyes

Bet no one messes with you in that get-up  Grin

Val

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal