Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garrett probe and hot weather  (Read 6997 times)
The Ferret

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 07:21:56 PM »

All coils will expand in the heat, that is why Detech originally only made the ultimate in white as to try and cut down on the effect. Nautilus machines have the ability to tune the coils so the the receive and transmit coils are kept balanced as they expend as it gets hotter.
Now I know we pay £80+ for probes and probably think they should react better but in reality, these things cost less than £5 to make and so are not precision instruments. My only suggestion would be to keep it covered somehow. Undecided

Allways Cover my probe Grin

The Ferret

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 07:25:23 PM »

Your absolute conviction about everything is awesome Geoff  Wink

Garrett manufacture these detectors to function in extreme climates all over the world so I'd be surprised if the Pro Pointers did not have auto stabilisation circuitry for the coils to cope with variable temperatures.

That said ...I would be very surprised if any electronic item worked 100% if left out for a few hours in our current heatwave.

but they are made in the USA is it not hotter over there or can they say its due to the moisture heat? they have Dry heat over there  Huh
Just a thought
TF

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 08:52:49 PM »

No I don't think it's a universal problem, just one that is showing up with Ian's. If you press the Pro-Pointer hard against anything it will usually sound off, this is virtually the same thing but the pressure is coming from the windings expanding in the probe. Wink
Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 08:27:12 AM »

Thats a good explaination, I gather that there are a lot of these Friday night models out there judging by the forum posts on these.  :-
                                                   \
Zorro
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 08:47:06 AM »

I know Beachboy had to change is probe after only about 18 months, and when you think the total amount of minutes (literally) use that it had that would have accumilated to doesn't make a good advert for garrett. I told him to get in touch with the company but he didn't ...i would have.
Think about it, say 20 good targets a day that you use it on, switch it on , locate target, switch it off....30 seconds Max. 10 minutes tops. doesn't seem to me to have had a lot of mileage on his probe.
Mine on the other hand is working fine...which means tomorrow it'll be knackered no doubt......or ot needed at all knowing my luck lately.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
Marcus Aurelius (Emperor of Rome 161 to 180)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal