Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: T2 head to head against it's rivals  (Read 19600 times)
avalon

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2011, 05:16:53 AM »

With the right settings   Grin

I just can't believe we have gone through a 100 machines with the wrong settings, no one would be finding anything Roll Eyes

jethro
Rally attendee

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2011, 05:40:54 AM »

Hey Steve met you at the northan weekend searchers rally a couple of years ago . Hope u try the T2 in the CL with the sens turned down on some of your noisier sites you wont be disappointed its got fantastic depth. And brill for relics.Try using 4high if you can but 3 tones makes it a bit more stable . You wont be disappointed. 
avalon

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2011, 06:00:30 AM »

Hey Steve met you at the northan weekend searchers rally a couple of years ago . Hope u try the T2 in the CL with the sens turned down on some of your noisier sites you wont be disappointed its got fantastic depth. And brill for relics.Try using 4high if you can but 3 tones makes it a bit more stable . You wont be disappointed. 

I remember you from the rally, you and your mate had a few nice coins. Grin  I will give those setting a go, see what happens.

avalon

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 06:27:05 AM »

Not quite sure you've viewed the video Stillwaters, the gold was tested out of the ground to start with then buried at 7 inches, we tried loads of machine over the test site and most failed to give a signal. Gary from Garydetecting.co.uk witnessed the test and was on the video.

All I can do is bring the gold to the next D W rally and see for yourself, of course your batteries will probably be low on the day Roll Eyes

relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2011, 06:34:35 AM »

Now that is interesting, Gary from Garydetecting.co.uk do you know what this new detector is that he has tested £499

My Deus with the 13x11 coil and my settings would hit that gold easy  Grin Grin

When i see you at a rally i will prove it to you

Why would you think the small coil would be any better ?

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
avalon

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2011, 06:42:07 AM »

Small coils are generally more sensitive to small objects, with less chance to hit iron close by which will nul the results and blank out the gold.

relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2011, 06:51:48 AM »

I like the small coil on the Deus the signal is a lot sharper.

The large coil is good just as sensitive but gives a wider signal,it covers a lot more ground and the depth is outstanding on par or better than an E-trac

Off to work catch you later

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
avalon

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2011, 06:53:08 AM »

I also attended a rally in Suffolk in the spring and 2 people who promote minelabs in this country ( you will all know who I mean) are using G2's. Umm!

tyna

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2011, 09:56:22 AM »

Steve - looking into the G2 after that test!  The e-trac, even though gave a signal of sorts, in my opinion, failed miserably  Cry. I wouldn't have dug Cry Cry
But then again........how many pieces of pure gold are we likely to come across - eh  Huh

Sulky of Swansea
avalon

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 11:01:12 AM »

Steve - looking into the G2 after that test!  The e-trac, even though gave a signal of sorts, in my opinion, failed miserably  Cry. I wouldn't have dug Cry Cry
But then again........how many pieces of pure gold are we likely to come across - eh  Huh

Sulky of Swansea

Probably loads, but you won't find it with the machine i've tested, the T2 against.

I see they have given the T2 a good write up this month in The Searcher. The test will be when I try it on my hoard site, then that's all the proof I need.

relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 12:51:39 PM »

What was the hoard you found mate

Let me know when you have finished and i will run my Deus and large coil over just to make sure you have not missed any with the T2  Grin

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2011, 07:17:35 PM »

Someone I know on another forum (former ET user) needed some money so sold his XP Deus and got a G2 to see him out for a while. This is his interesting summary:

Good machine the g2 mate !

not quite as fast as the Deus and doesnt have as many options but its plenty deep and fast enough.Carried out some tests today which i also did with the Deus 10 mins before packing it off and on my test bed it had about 1" more depth than the Deus with standard coil but then the g2 does have an 11" coil.

Heres the most surprising thing though ...when you switch to all metal on the g2 it actually has 2" more than the Deus large coil on a victorian penny which beggars belief.Whether its to do with it running 19khz or running off more voltage i havent a clue. In descrim though the Deus with large coil simply wipes the floor with it by around 4".

The G2 is a good machine and ideal for my rallies till i get my new Deus and it loves tiny cut hammered more than the Deus.

Speed wise its like a goldmax 17khz but hey theres nowt wrong with that it costs less than half the Deus price.

Only sold them (Deus and large coil) because i had to and they are an item fortunately that could be replaced ! My main concern was to be able to still detect but do so with a fast deep machine which the G2 is.

I do confess though that a do have an old Minelab Explorer too, and in all fairness i've found loads with Minelabs just not at the rate that the Deus does. But at least when another Deus arrives i will have a choice of machines to tinker with - but the Deus is numero uno !.

Explorer has a 10"x14" eliptical excelerator on it and is quite deep but not on par with the Deus.

Just thought I'd post his comments as they are interesting from someone who has had ET, T2, and a number
of other machines.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:19:57 PM by rjm » Logged

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 07:34:10 PM »

OK kiddies enough is enough, we can all spout on about this machine being better than that machine, but lets get back to a few simple facts.
On a level playing field, technology wise and coil size 18 KHz is not and can not be as deep as 7 KHz, not my decision it's a simple law of physics, likewise 7 KHz will never be as sensitive to small low conductors (hammered silver) as 18 KHz.
And remember you have got to walk over it and please that's not a cue for a "My boots are better than your boots" thread. Wink
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2011, 10:01:01 PM »

I thought this was a good thread myself,at the end of the day the Deus, T2, and G2, are all good detectors

One thing to note though is the Deus can run at 4Khz 8Khz 12Khz and 18Khz the choice is yours for the conditions you are searching at the time

avalon congratulations on the bronze age hoard what a great find

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal