Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Roman Silver  (Read 7060 times)
TEZZA

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 10:28:28 PM »

Great finds again Spikey when are you opening your own museum i`d love to visit
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 10:29:45 PM »

Well done Paul some great items there Wink With all the silvers the gold will pop out soon Wink
Cheers Dale, now you know how elusive the Roman Gold is mate. Grin Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 10:33:28 PM »

well done Spikey, it almost seems like you find the medieval by 'accident' , whilst hunting out the Roman bits  Grin

amazing finds

sharkey
Just lucky enough that the Romans layed the foundation for the medieval period around these fields. Wink Cheers  Wink
wittsy1

Where am I?

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 06:26:18 AM »

Cracking finds again, what I would'nt give for a site like that. Where is it  Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 07:01:37 AM »

Cracking finds again, what I would'nt give for a site like that. Where is it  Wink
I dont think any ones looking wittsy?  It's in Wiltshire near a church and a river.  Wink Wink
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »

Fantastic finds again Spikey - why wouldn't you want to be out detecting as often as you can when you make finds like that Cheesy

I'm sure there are plenty of other spots like that scattered across the country - we just have to find them / get permission! It helps to inspire me to get off my behind and start asking more farmers Smiley
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 02:51:18 PM »

Wow! Wow! and more Wow!  Fabulous finds again Spikey!
As you say, if you don't get out there and find the permissions, do some research, then put the hours in, dredging through the clay and the mud, you aren't going to find the goods!  Me and my detecting buddy, Ron, are working along the same lines as you.  We put the hours in, not always finding anything, but there's always the chance if you're in the right area, as we were last Sunday with our Lizzie and Charlie hammered coins day.
We'd love to see your collection one day if at all possible, it must be amazing.   Very well saved.  Cheers.  Tom.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 09:23:17 PM »

Fantastic finds again Spikey - why wouldn't you want to be out detecting as often as you can when you make finds like that Cheesy

I'm sure there are plenty of other spots like that scattered across the country - we just have to find them / get permission! It helps to inspire me to get off my behind and start asking more farmers Smiley
Cheers Roland, without a doubt there are plenty of spots just awaiting for the swing of a coil to go over and discover what lays beneath the soil. Permission is the biggest hurdle in my opinion, trouble is most farmers are fed up with being bombarded with letters and phone calls for the permissions,its an easy option for those who can not or is not confident enough to ask face to face.  Smiley  Wink
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:18:26 PM by celticspikey » Logged
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 06:07:11 PM »

Gotta agree with Mr Spikey, I've found the only way to gain permission's is to get off ya butt and meet the farmers/landowners face to face.that way you can try to allay all their fears by personally assure them,and a firm handshake never goes amiss,OH,and don't forget to mention a little "drop" of winter warmer around  the festive season,well its worked for me !!!👍
ian the nomad

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 09:46:33 PM »

What great finds, wow.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal