Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PhD student in need of advice, help and information  (Read 3877 times)
Sam (salop)
Rally attendee

« on: October 01, 2009, 02:40:38 PM »

I'm a first year PhD student at Bangor University and I'm looking for some help. The title of my thesis is Image and Reality in Medieval Warfare: Wales c.1100-1450 and I'm hoping that someone at least might have some information to share on finds made in the past or future that may help me in my research. I'm looking at any type of artefact related to warfare in wales dating to this period. Information such as what was found and the rough location of these objects would be really useful. I want to know what types of weapon etc are being found where? If there are any sites of particular interest I'd be really keen to know. I really would appreciate any information as I'd like to use the archaeological material to start to paint a more realistic image of warfare in wales but without the artefacts that's never going to be possible. Feel free to email me hip814@bangor.ac.uk and I really look forward to hearing what's been found.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 02:49:24 PM »

Hi there , thanks for taking an interest in the site and I'm sure theres plenty on here to help you. An interesting thesis you've chosen there. If any of the members are in a position to help you I'm sure they will.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Charles Cater

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 02:59:24 PM »

I'm a first year PhD student at Bangor University and I'm looking for some help. The title of my thesis is Image and Reality in Medieval Warfare: Wales c.1100-1450 and I'm hoping that someone at least might have some information to share on finds made in the past or future that may help me in my research. I'm looking at any type of artefact related to warfare in wales dating to this period. Information such as what was found and the rough location of these objects would be really useful. I want to know what types of weapon etc are being found where? If there are any sites of particular interest I'd be really keen to know. I really would appreciate any information as I'd like to use the archaeological material to start to paint a more realistic image of warfare in wales but without the artefacts that's never going to be possible. Feel free to email me hip814@bangor.ac.uk and I really look forward to hearing what's been found.

Will this help any Sam.
http://www.bing.com/search?FORM=IEFM1&q=Image+and+Reality+in+Medieval+Warfare%3A+Wales+c.1100-1450&src=IE-SearchBox

Say nought and you won't be controversial, or so they say?

http://detectoruser.co.uk

http://members.boardhost.com/Tom1/
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »

YEP SAME WITH ME SAM  I HAVE AN 11TH CENTUARY SITE  WHERE I FOUND A 14TH CENTUARY WAR AXEHEAD   GIVE ME A PM BUD  FOR FULL INFO   Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Sam (salop)
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 01:11:37 PM »

Thanks for the information. I'm not sure why but I don't seem to be able to send a PM, do either of you have an email address I could contact you with. I think I said in my original post my email is hip814@bangor.ac.uk I'd be really keen to hear more about these sites and especially the kinds of things your getting from them.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 02:47:50 PM »

SAM  I HAVE JUST  SENT YOU  MY  EMAIL ADDRESS  LET ME KNOW WHAT INFO YOU NEED   AND I WILL HELP IF I CAN    Wink Wink Wink

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
earth24

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 06:31:14 PM »

are we all really sure that this is not another detecterist looking for sites? Mmmm i think this is a good idea, by the way my e-mail is  Grin Grin Grin where did you say this castle was Huh
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 06:33:48 PM »

Is it me,or can anyone else smell a Rat  Huh   Shocked   Roll Eyes

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »

"Oh Bugger" you`ve sussed me Al  Shocked
As your on Holiday tho,will it still go on the "Risca Rozzers" Crime solved list  Huh

Smiley   Cheesy   Grin  ......................................................W
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 10:42:02 PM »

Hold on there fellas Shocked does,nt SAM stand for Scheduled ancient monuments Huh is this request from a member of the anti detecting lobby Huh you have been warned Wink

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
hedgehog
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 07:03:07 AM »

Are you saying we have a "mole" Mole? Just to let Sam know, we as resposible detectorists Do not detect on SAM's but do have permission on sites near them and detect ouside scheduled areas, any finds that do turn up are recorded with the applicable FLO's . So maybe it would be far more useful Sam to contact FLO's throughout the likely area and they will be able to give you the information that you require.
Sam (salop)
Rally attendee

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 12:18:53 PM »

I can assure you all that I'm not a detectorist, I really wouldn't have the patience to do it. I'm just after any help that you can offer regarding my research. Its a big project and I want to make it as thorough as possible. Thanks for your help.
Sam (salop)
Rally attendee

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 10:42:21 AM »

Thats ok I guessed it would be something like that. Thanks very much for all the advice though, you will be included in the acknowledgments when the thing is eventually written.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal