Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: thoughts on detecnix xpointer  (Read 3536 times)
jammiedigger

« on: January 14, 2016, 09:31:43 PM »

Hoping to order the xpointer but what are peoples thoughts. I have watched some videos but would like to hear uf any of you use one

Enjoy the fields with packed grounds
2 treasure cases 16:33/18:09
raistlain

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 10:25:11 PM »

The way its going on here latley people may be wary of giving an opinion on the xpointer (other pointers are available) or any item come to that (other items are available) due to the possibility of law suits etc..  ha ha ha  Smiley what ever happened to free opinions etc ( other opinions free or otherwise are available ) ....p.s. the author of this post takes no responsibility on the grounds that I'm senile  Roll Eyes  ha ha
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 10:58:13 PM »

Had mine about a year now and it's great.  Did send it back once because battery connector snapped, but other than that it is excellent.  Picks up signal further away than other pointers.  Battery lasts a long time too/
jammiedigger

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 11:05:32 PM »

thanks, I will likely get one. watched a lot of videos and most of them are putting the xpointer on top.

I can only hope I wouldn't have started a war of the pin pointers haha raistlain

romana

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 06:56:03 AM »

I've had mine for nearly two years now and never had a problam. I suppose its like anything, if it's looked after it will last longer  Grin

XP Goldmaxx power. F.I.D member. Wessex Searchers MDC.
JBM

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 01:04:14 PM »

I had one of the first and its still fine.

I feel a Quest coming on .😉 Jerry.
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 06:30:58 PM »

Well,sorry guys,I had two of them, nothing but trouble, exchanged it and the second one was no better,falcing,and button was non responsive, and continual interference when it was any way near my detector when it was any way near it,drove me "MAD" In the end I gave it away to the bin.
I then bought A STD Garrett PRO-POINTER, great,very reliable, no falcing,mind you I do look after it,I bought a full protective cover,I take the battery out on return from every detecting trip,yep! it's a bit dearer,BUT,you know what they say
"You get what you pay for"
This is just my own personal experience !! And is no way intended to be biased against one pointer against another,Good hunting !!👍
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:34:59 PM by dingdong » Logged
jammiedigger

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 08:05:58 PM »

I completely understand each and everyone's opinions. one feature I noticed that was on one video but not many others with the deteknics was it had a sensitivity adjustment by holding the mode button and pressing the power button. I would have had the garrett but wasn't a wear of this feature

dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 08:33:19 PM »

Yes that's correct JD....BUT personally, I don't want to mess around trying to push buttons when you are wearing muddy hands or gloves,for me,well I just want to press one button and located the target, ease of operation.
Good hunting 👍
raistlain

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 08:46:56 PM »

I'm having to get a pinpointer as no matter how I try I can't pinpoint with my Etrac...I was looking at the Garret carrot and the Makro ones... watched a few YouTube vids etc and just got even more put off and connfused...then noticed the Garret has loads of spares for replacing virtually every part available on a main dealers website and I thought that's handy I will definitely go for that one ...big sigh of relief I'd made a dessision....then as im convincing my better half how its worth the money she says " so do they have all them parts available because it keeps breaking " OUCH ha ha ha in crept the doubts again ....so I suppose it's a case of take a pick of what ever ya fancy and buy one ...then keep your fingers crossed ha ha
 Wink
jammiedigger

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 08:51:30 PM »

Yeah thats very true thanks dingdong good luck hunting. Im hoping it works okay for me. Thanks everyone

wondering

NCMD Member

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 09:40:29 PM »

Had mine about a year now and it's great.  Did send it back once because battery connector snapped, but other than that it is excellent.  Picks up signal further away than other pointers.  Battery lasts a long time too/

i must agree here, works fine, had mine over a year and its been out in all weathers and at this current moment has a thick layer of mug completely around it lol and it still works fine. only thing it doesnt detect is hot rocks which i believe the garrett ones do.

George

There is something to be found in every field....

Milled silver x 11
Hammered silver x 9
Pre-decimal (a lot)
Roman artefact x 2
Roman silver coins x1
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 09:43:45 AM »

It's very much a case of "you pays your money you take your chance" as regardless of which make you ask about you'll get both plaudits and critics nearly in equal measure, I used the Garrett pro-pointer for over 5 years (well two as I lost one lol) and it never missed a beat I then got an X-Pointer and have been very impressed with that too in fact I rang Tony Hunt the same morning and passed on the Deteknix contact details which lead to him bringing them in to the country but as with everything unhappy customers shout much louder than happy ones which is quite natural but it does give you the feeling that they all break all of the time Wink
jammiedigger

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 01:06:04 PM »

Thanks chef. I have taken the chance and ordered one. I agree anytime you ask about any product there will be good and bad comments and its the bad comments that play on your mind more. On this site everyone is so muture about each question and help you out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal