Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just signed up  (Read 7077 times)
baycityroller
Rally attendee

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »

Morning to you Chris, I know Talacre pretty well I was birdwatching there 40 years ago  when I lived in Shotton. I must confess if I took up md-ing I would be most interested in looking for roman coins and anything old. Just out of interest do you just pick any field to have a look at (with permission of course) and hope for the best or do you put in a lot of work studying historical locations?
Julian
Christoph1945
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 04:38:28 PM »

Hi Julian,                           
                       I don't know about others but I detect the beach at Talacre; it's free. Just as long as you have a Crown Permit, you can detect between the high and low water marks for as long as you like and there is no closed season. I am not looking for anything specific but am pleased with whatever comes out of the ground. I also have permission to detect on two very small farms close to my home but am still getting to know the farmers and their land. Outings with the the North Wales Dirt Diggers can be very helpful and informative; they are a great group of lads and I enjoy our days out detecting.

Chris   Smiley
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 06:52:36 PM »

Welcome to DW Smiley
baycityroller
Rally attendee

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 09:36:59 PM »

Cheers for that Chris and thanks for the welcome Probono. Just wondering when the next North Wales club meet is and where so that I can try and get along?
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 09:44:29 PM »

Next meeting is at Offas tavern Prestatyn on this Wednesday at 7-30
Christoph1945
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 06:28:35 AM »

Perhaps we will see you there Julian?   Smiley
baycityroller
Rally attendee

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 10:45:14 AM »

Sorry I was thinking about any outdoor meeting where I could come along and see for myself how you guys operate and what type of machinery you use and cost of them etc. Anything planned for outdoors coming up? I'm afraid evening meetings are difficult for me to get to. Cheers Julian
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 10:53:15 AM »

Sorry I was thinking about any outdoor meeting where I could come along and see for myself how you guys operate and what type of machinery you use and cost of them etc. Anything planned for outdoors coming up? I'm afraid evening meetings are difficult for me to get to. Cheers Julian

Maybe it would be better for you to arrange to meet up with some of the guys at Talacre. Would that be possible to arrange Chris and Richie?

XP Deus user
Christoph1945
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 12:30:29 PM »

I see no problem there, Richie and I often work the beach at Talacre. Most times, we turn out on a Sunday morning and chase the targets all day; stopping only for a bite, a drink, and a quick chat here and there. Aint found any treasure yet!!!   Roll Eyes
baycityroller
Rally attendee

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 01:34:31 PM »

Thanks for the offer guys, if you're doing this Sunday I should be ok to get along. Any place in particular you'll be on the beach and I see high tide is around 9.30am so do you work the tide as well? I'll bring my bins, might get an early  migrant wheatear on the dune area! Cheers Julian.
Christoph1945
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 02:14:50 PM »

Hi Julian,
                 I think that this Sunday would be a no go but next Sunday should be fine. I normally meet up with Richie at 0700 hrs in McDonalds Flint; we have a drink and chat before driving down to Talacre and parking at the Smugglers Inn carpark on Station Road. In the event of a very high tide; we work close to the foot of the dunes and then move out as the tide dropps back.

I will post some pics from Talacre on this thread, later tonight.

Chris   Smiley
baycityroller
Rally attendee

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 03:33:52 PM »

Ok cheers Chris, if  you let me know about a week on Sunday I'll do my best to get along there. Like you  I always park  at the Smugglers Inn.
Cheers Julian

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal