Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke of Kent medal/coin  (Read 1657 times)
farmer(phil)

You never see a farmer on a bike!

« on: June 07, 2009, 06:21:11 PM »

Yet another medal/coin

Duke of Kent- no idea of age?

Farmerphil Smiley
simon c

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 06:35:07 PM »

Another nice find Phil,you must be on a roll,http://www.maggs.com/title/AU2653.asp
Letter Signed ("Edward") to George Harding, 2 pages 4to, Kensington Palace, 13 February 1806.
EDWARD, Duke of Kent, (1767-1820). Fourth son of George III; father of Queen Victoria.
Letter Signed ("Edward") to George Harding, 2 pages 4to, Kensington Palace, 13 February 1806.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saying "I do myself the pleasure of acknowledging your favor . . . and of enclosing a note for Lord Spencer, which I would wish our worthy friend, Sir Willm Parsons, to present in person, in order that he may the better be able to judge of the effect it is likely to produce . . . if my application is attended with success, I shall feel very highly gratified, in having had an opportunity, at the same time of serving him, and of marking my good will towards you . . ."

Edward, Duke of Kent, was noted for his difficult temperament. His military career ended in 1803, after an enquiry into his exceptionally harsh conduct as commander of the troops stationed at Gibraltar. Frustrated in his military career, and almost always in debt, he had found domestic contentment with his French mistress Mme de St. Laurent. This idyll came to an end after twenty-seven happy years, when in 1817 Princess Charlotte, George IV's daughter and heir, died giving birth to a stillborn son. With the sudden lack of legitimate heirs to the throne, George IV's unmarried brothers were forced to give up their mistresses and marry suitable European Princesses. Edward married the Dowager Princess of Leiningen in 1818, and their daughter, Victoria, was born the next year. A year later the Duke was to die of a lung infection contracted during a particularly harsh winter in Devon, where he had moved with his family in yet another attempt to save money and clear his debts
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 06:40:31 PM by simon c » Logged
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 09:36:42 PM »

I must admit i like finding medallions because you can usually
research them and get some decent feedback....nice find well done.....PaulB. Cool

Greetings from the Dragon.
Beefy (GARETH)

WHERES DA BEEF

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 05:13:42 AM »

very nice mate................. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
ROMAN STEVE
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 10:45:27 PM »

Nice find there

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: