Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi all,thanks for letting me in.  (Read 3167 times)
M111kca
Rally attendee

« on: October 09, 2014, 01:37:10 AM »

Hi my names michael I'm from bangor Wales,
been detecting for a year now,kind of.first I got a garrett ace 250 after seeing a programe on sky and remembered how much fun I had as a kid.went to the beach a few times made myself a sand scoop.then made myself a pinpointer out of a old stud find I had which works rather well.
   Then I decided to get a cs4pi as I thought I should make the most out of the local beaches,after I had cleared my garden then my parents and the other halfs parents gardens.really like the cs4pi.only used it a few times though as the kids didn't find walking around the beach in the cold as fun as sitting playing in the sand.
   Haven't done anything this year really so I decided right it's time to get into this once and for all.found this lovely forum witch I must of missed last year when I was looking.then one thing went to another and I ended up buying a whites dfx with a 5.3 coil and the normal one for 250 posted I just couldn't leave it as I'd been looking for one for a while,went round my garden today and what do you know it's not empty yet.not to interested in the big finds I like a few of the more interesting ones where you pull a bit out then think mmmm what's this then you find a bit more until you know what it is.
Any way I think Iv gone on enough now it's nice to meet you all.
Thanks for reading mike
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 08:50:16 AM »

Welcome to the Forum Mike. (oh no not another one  Grin )  Sounds like you have the makings of a confirmed detectorist.

As has been said many times, lots of members here who have loads of experience and only too willing to help and advise.

Enjoy and happy hunting.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
nonker10

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 10:02:43 PM »

welcome mike,great intro mate.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 10:16:31 PM »

Welcome aboard Mike, I trust that you have a good spade to go with that CS4PI; you are going to need it! I have a CS4PI my self and it finds even the smallest target in the wet sand.  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 10:39:15 PM »

Welcome to the site Mike, I've spent many a happy hour in Bangor mostly in the Ship launch bar !
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 11:07:53 PM »

Welcome to the DW Forum Mike,

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
M111kca
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 12:24:25 AM »

Thank you all,Yes I have a spade,I found that a small spade was better for me only 26 so it's not too hard going,don't mind fishing weights but iron is a bit annoying 😬,cs4pi is great on the wet sand,dug up a tractor tyre once it was very deep from what I remember,tuck it home as it was the best thing I found that day haha,
  Normally go detecting near my parents home in llaneilian on Anglesey as I know everyone there,not sure where the ship launch bar is.
  Going to try and get my head around the whites dfx this weekend,a lot harder to learn than my ace but I guess I will find more in the end

Anyway nice meeting you all and thanks

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal