Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: SAXBYS-COINS Scammer is crying to remove negative feedback which I left him :)  (Read 8543 times)
Pablo
Rally attendee

« on: January 14, 2015, 01:05:29 PM »

Most of you probably heard about famous ebay shop called SAXBYS COINS (if not here check this -> https://sites.google.com/site/coinfraudwatch/saxbys-coins )
I hate when that person is selling all these fakes so I bought one and left him negative feedback to warn other collectors) Here are the messages which I received from Saxbys coins:

New message from: saxbys-coins
Hello sir. I had noticed the feedback you had left. I am so very sorry for what has happened, i genuinly thought this artefact was authentic, it is getting very difficult to avoid forgeries on the british market and i am by no means an expert in every area as the subject is so vast. If you would like to return it for a full refund that would of course be no problem at all. Can i please ask you sir if you might be so kind and consider letting me send you a feedback revision form and you might change the negative feedback into a posative, i would be so so gratefull to you sir. I try my very hardest working on ebay sir and feedback is very important for business for me and my family. Please please would you consider my request, i will do what ever it takes to make this right for you sir. Please let me know your thoughts on this matter. With kindest regards benj @ saxbys coins

another one:

Hello again sir. I am hoping you might be so kind and give me the chance to make this right. This ring brooch is 100 % genuine and authentic. Please please sir will you let me send you a feedback revision form and you might make the negative feedback into a posative or at least neutral. I will do what ever it takes to make this right for you. Feedback is so important in business to me and my family, i would be so so gratefull to you. Please sir let me know what i can do, i can send a replacement and refund you in full, or there may be something else you like? I hope so much to hear from you, please let me know your thoughts on this matter. With kindest regards to you and your family. benj @ saxbys coins

Pathetic...
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 05:05:57 PM »

From the language used I'd say that was one of our Asian friends.  I've been there and done that and had a very similar response. I was beginning to wonder what they meant by MADAM they used it so often.
How can they replace the item in question. I assume it's an Annular Brooch.  They don't show up that often, in good condition, or do they ?
I've just had the same with a British company. The moral of my story is  CHECK THE REVIEWS BEFORE YOU PAY

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 07:35:31 PM »

I agree with Val  Wink
Pablo
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 08:16:59 PM »

I bought that brooch for £4 but leaving that  negative comment is priceless Smiley
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:29:19 PM by handyman [Alan} » Logged
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 09:20:06 PM »

I bought that brooch for £4 but leaving that  negative comment is priceless Smiley

Nice one Pablo, he knows what he's doing, the blokes a fraud.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 12:06:33 AM »

Sometimes he does sell genuine items, but they are usually then identified as something else (and much scarcer).

I don't know if it the same person who started Saxby's - they called themselves 'Lord Adam'.

Ebay does nothing.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 12:44:33 AM »

Nice one Pablo Wink

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Pablo
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 09:24:47 AM »

I was curious what Saxbys purchased so I've checked his feedbacks from purchase history and he bought CTX 3030 and minelab probe so he is also a detectorist, he might even be one of detecting Wales member.
and here are some fun facts about him:
He is selling 21 items per day ( 1823 items sold in 87 days )
Average sell price around £40 (after fees) per item so his total sale for 87 days is £72920 which is over £24 000 per month !! Cheesy so probably half of that amount is his profit
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:58:26 AM by Pablo » Logged
addedomaros
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 10:15:11 AM »

The guy is a detectorist & a white male with dreadlocks, not Asian. He's also a nasty piece of work! Have seen him buying at a coin fair & seems to think he's above the law. The way the replies are written is his way of making him sound hard up imo. He knows full well that they are fakes & believe the BNTA is trying to do something about him.

We reckon he's selling around 10k a month on average. If you look at his feedback, on the right is the number '50' which is the number of feedbacks he's had revised presumably after sending emails similar to yours!

Can't believe so many bidders are duped into buying his fakes. He is currently selling large quantity of Roman gold beads, obviously European if genuine. Nearly everything he puts on is 'found in Britain' but 75% of it is European. He is also selling fake mediaeval crosses which he purchased from Balkan seller who was selling them as replicas.

Another name he uses to buy from abroad is hunch_bobs

Wonder how long before these appear as 'found in Britain':
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Livonian-order-coins-/261721284512
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:25:29 AM by addedomaros » Logged
bristolminelab
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 11:07:34 AM »

with 99.8% feedback and only 9 negs on 5100 transaction ebay will do nothing  Huh does not sell many cheap items maybe the reason he worried about retaliatory feedback Huh
Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 11:44:15 AM »

I also had a seller that tried to get me to revise a feedback left by offering to reimbursement me on a fake item. I messaged them back saying that I would report them to ebay for attempting to bribe me. Ebay will take this more seriously as it directly reflects badly on them.
Also if he's registered as a business seller he is more responsible for the accuracy of listed item descriptions than a private seller. His statement he's not an expert doesn't apply.
Good luck . Also you could offer to alter feedback AFTER receiving refund, then don't.  Playing him at his own game
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:46:20 AM by Radnor Bandit (Ian) » Logged
Pablo
Rally attendee

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 12:15:39 PM »

Also you could offer to alter feedback AFTER receiving refund, then don't.  Playing him at his own game

haha  Grin good one I will do that
bristolminelab
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 05:21:29 PM »

pick these couple of fakes at auction buried in a job lot did make my heart miss a bit when first saw the George iv gold which was buried under the tray of a jewerly box also had a few others thinking with the scratches on coin faces
bristolminelab
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »

a

* DSCF1723.JPG (35.84 KB, 325x243 - viewed 1254 times.)

* DSCF1726.JPG (34.85 KB, 325x243 - viewed 1279 times.)
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 06:49:03 PM »

ebay is a easy outlet to get rid of such items like fake coins,

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal