Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rained off  (Read 1752 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: March 09, 2015, 12:08:44 PM »

Having now had the Safari out at Talacre several times for short detecting sessions, the last one of which was a weekago Sunday; I decided to try and put in a full day's detecting yesterday. I kept a very close eye on the BBC weather forecasts for yesterday and even logged on to them early yesterday morning and they predicted an hour of light rain about mid morning. So despite having overslept my normal starting time, I set off with anticipation of making some decent finds for a change.

Upon arrival at the parking area the weather was bright, dry, and not too cold. Having secured the car, I walked to an area that I anticipated would produce some coins based on past experiences with the EuroAce and the CS4PI. After detecting for about 40 min, the Safari started to sniff out the odd coin but at that point it started to rain and I shelterd in the lee of a large dune. Not wanting to waste too much time I decided to work in the light rain and continued to recover coins as anticipated.

Bloody BBC weather man!!! The rain continued for hours and I got soaked. The wet sand stuck to me, my ProPointer, and the Safari. The zipper on my weather resistant jacket broke, the rain also ran into its pockets, off the jacket on to my legs and down to my welliies. The temperature dropped, the ProPointer started to play up, and I was chilled to the bone. By late morning I gave up and threw the towell in. Well, if I had a towell I would have thrown it in!

Looking on the bright side; I was correct in predicting that a certain area woud be productive and plan returning to detect it for a full day. Based on some research and using the Safari, the coins to scrap ratio is starting to improve.

* Sunday March 8th 2015.jpg (209.75 KB, 520x724 - viewed 304 times.)

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 12:17:20 PM »

Welcome to the drowned rat club Chris ! We had a club dig yesterday and the same thing happened where we were.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 12:28:55 PM »

Hi Chris,               
                            Lucky for me the caravan site is now open and I was able to retreat to the van and fire up the heating to dry off a little. I couldn't believe how the bloody sand stuck to everything. I think I will become a fair weather beach detectorist but will, in the meantime, review my wet weather gear.  Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 09:03:15 PM »

Welcome to the drowned rat club Chris ! We had a club dig yesterday and the same thing happened where we were.

Who said drowned rat's club?

* Drowned rat.jpg (146.72 KB, 523x667 - viewed 746 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal