What Book?

(1/4) > >>

cadzy:
Hi, Xmas is on its way and I have been asked by my wife what I would like, does anyone have any advice on metal detecting books? I'm looking for something that has lots of info on hammered coins mainly but a book with a wide range of information could be better. Cheers Cadzy.

Tafflaff (Rob):
Its got to be the "2009 Spinks Coin Book" . Tell her to shop around though fella, even maybe go for a New 2008 copy because they're £20 +

Neil:
Hi Cadzy

The first book I would buy (as I have read it now over 20 times) is Bill Wymans Treasure Islands. It covers nearly every substantial treasure find in the UK over the past 300 years in glowing colour. Quite a few members of Detecting Wales feature as well.

Failing thats the Roman & Celtic Artefacts, Medieval Artefacts and the Viking & Saxon Artefacts books by Mills available from Greenlight publishing are excellent.

For buckle - Ross Whiteheads imaginatively titled Buckles! is an excellent reference guide.

Hammered coins - I would probably opt for the latest Spinx guide.

Hope that helps
Neil

Richy:
Hi Cadzy,

As the lads have said the book generally regarded as the coin "bible" is Spinks Coins of England & The United Kingdom.
The book shows coinage from the Celtic age up to the modern day and the beauty is all coins are shown actual size which makes ID a lot easier. :)

Richy.

Roman (Ray):
IM WITH NEAL ON THAT ONE.
TREASURE ISLAND WAS THE FIRST BOOK I BOUGHT.
IVE BOUGHT MANY SINCE.
BUT NO OF THEM I THINK COMPARE TO TREASURE ISLAND MATE.
ITS A CRACKING BOOK WE.LL WERTH ITS MONEY.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page