Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Long lost wedding ring found in Weymouth Harbour  (Read 1917 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: February 23, 2015, 07:28:37 AM »

Long lost wedding ring found in Weymouth Harbour

The platinum wedding ring was spotted in the mud at low tide

Mark Thorne dropped his ring as he helped launch the inshore lifeboat in Weymouth Harbour in 2009.

Despite attempts to find it on his return, it was lost until his friend Steve Woolford spotted it during a walk at low tide on Saturday.

Mr Thorne said he was "really, really chuffed".

When he returned from the emergency in 2009, he searched under water and used a metal detector in an attempt to find the ring.

He said he had "given up hope" of finding it, despite occasionally returning to look for it.

Mr Woolford said he was "over the moon" to have found it during a walk along the harbour when Saturday's spring tide left much of the shoreline exposed.

He said he remembered the search for the ring and thought "you never know, it's worth a look", before he spotted it glinting in the mud.

Low tide had exposed part of the shoreline at Weymouth Harbour
Mr Thorne, who was married in 2004, was able to identify the platinum ring from its size and a distinctive dent.

"I think I owe Steve a bottle of whisky," he said.

* image.jpg (113.33 KB, 624x351 - viewed 544 times.)

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »

Excellent story - thanks for sharing. Given that my (current) wedding ring fell off my hand this morning when I was chucking a snowball at my boy, it sort of rings true (although it only went a few feet and my daughter picked it up).

I did go searching at Barry on the weekend, but it was my first time beach detecting (although having the boy in tow meant I couldn't really concentrate as he was off digging sandcastles). Anyway, didn't find anything - all the other detectorists seemed to be having a quiet time too, although I did see someone dig a Viccy sixpence.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal