Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Worthwhile in the end.........  (Read 4004 times)
benny

« on: July 26, 2009, 07:10:55 PM »

Was dead keen to get back out on the field today so turned up and the machine was running by 7:45 this morning! I was expecting some more hammered to turn up after last sunday.
Anyway,by 10:20 I'd found bugger all but scrap,cartridge ends and the usual rubbish that seems to turn up everywhere and was starting to get a bit disheartened when I got a nice sharp signal. Out popped a bit of bronze which I thought was just gonna be dross but then noticed a bearded bloke wearing a radiate on there. Nice! Roman coin,bit ragged round the edges but enough to keep me in the field a bit longer(glad I did)!
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 07:14:37 PM »

Get On ! Nice find mate !  Wink

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 07:23:39 PM »

Well done Benny - a roman always makes my day, even if nothing elde comes out - you know the old adage! "Where theres one . . ."

Amazing how often romans turn up in the lost unlikely of fields - there must have been millions of coins in circulation. I even found a bronze Roman key once in a horse stable, just outside it in Cardiff! Nothing else Roman ever came out - most bizzare!

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
benny

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 07:26:59 PM »

After a quick cup outta me flask and a sandwich I carried on searching and had a fair sized musketball, a George 3rd halfpenny and a big evil looking bullet with a hollow point. Then I got a right earbashing off the next signal,only two inches deep and something I've never found but seen pics of in magazines-a jaws harp!
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 07:30:13 PM »

Jaws Or Jews Bud  Grin

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 07:33:13 PM »

well done on the coin Benny,  and on the Jaws harp too, by the size it looks like an 18th centry one.

mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 07:36:48 PM »

Good work Benny  Smiley the roman still as a fair amount of detail like the Jaws harp never found one Wink

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
benny

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 07:38:30 PM »

Next thing of any note that turned up was this thing-any ideas anyone? Thought it might be one of those clothes fasteners or maybe off a key would be nice if anyone could i.d. it.
Anyway someone will **** on my fire here and tell me I'm wrong but I found what I'm pretty sure is a saxon strap end. Hope it is because it will be my first saxon find if so. It's very fragile and got a crack in it but you can see a pattern on it.
hedgehog
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 07:45:11 PM »

Wow Benny , some nice finds there, the trefoil one looks like it could be a key, the strap end is definitely anglo saxon!
benny

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 08:05:07 PM »

Just uploaded the last pics of todays bits. Had this buckle too. Mediaevel? Was gonna give up this morning until the roman coin came out glad I never! Itching to get back out there now!
silky

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 08:18:03 PM »

well done benny defo saxon strapend ,a fair selection there welldone Smiley
cardiff bats (Paul)

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 08:20:40 PM »

great finds  Grin

Civility costs nothing....Excellence even less
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 08:21:54 PM »

well done benny on your finds some nice ones there that is for sure saxon no one made them like that found three this year vrey much the same so well done on your first saxon find mate that is a good site keep at it best of luck (phil) Wink

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 08:40:27 PM »

Well done Benny cracking finds fella , just goes to show dont it! Never give up.

Nearest 've got to Saxon is a Citroen Saxon .  Cheesy

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »

WELL  DONE  ON SOME BRILLIANT FINDS  MATE ,,,, I BET YOU WILL BE BACK IN THOSE FIELDS  AS SOON AS POSS ,,,,,,, I KNOW I WOULD       Grin Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal