MineLab E-trac VS XP Deus

(1/28) > >>

xterra:
Hi People,

I'm wondering which of these two machines to buy either the Minelab E-trac or the XP Deus????

I'm using a MineLab Xterra 70 at the moment which has been good to be fair but want to up grade.

Any help would be much appreciated.

;D

viking:
only now i bought my etrac but im sure when more people join the forum later. u should have a lot of replies... until i get use to mine i cant tell u... cheers vik

Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club:
I'll probably get bricked by my detecting partner RJM on this, Prepare for the worms to be opened ;D
The e-trac weighs about the equivalent of a transit van compared to the Deus,The recovery speed is significantly slower too, but
the E-trac is a Full band spectrum machine, it works perfectly on ALL soil types without falsing and you dont get good signals off hot rocks(with the sensitivity set properly), perfect on wet sand, never needs to be ground balanced (noise canceled yes, to remove interference from other machines). Its definitely a deep machine, but the Deus has good depth too considering the coil size.
The e-trac has better discrimination with its multi tones, but this can drive some people nuts, the Deus will give you two, or four (so will the E-trac BTW, but i prefer to use all of its tools in the tool box so to speak).
The Deus is lighting fast on recovery,RJM can cover 1000Yards whilst i've covered about 100!!, but i go slow and low, and to be honest, i think my find recovery rate is better, but RJM is still learning his machine.
I see the Deus as a rally machine, when its clear what you want to find I.E. roman or hammered in ploughed field, so you want to cover a lot of ground quickly to best effect with as little arm fatigue as you can, the Deus should excel here, but on your own field when time is yours and you want to dig those iffy signals once youve cleaned up on the simple finds, then , i feel , the E-0trac will be king of the hill.
I've had my E-trac coming up to 12 months now, i'd never part with her, she has done me proud, but i'm saving for a Deus too, just for the rallies (apart from anything else it folds down small enough to stuff under your jacket and carry on the bus!).
It's a tough choice, best decided by what you want to use them for, your physical fitness and familiarity with the minelab multi tones.
The E-trac is the best all rounder in my opinion though.
Salty :)

xterra:
Thanks for that its a great help!   ;D

StumbledUpon:
Excellent post Salty. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page