Detectors You Would Never Use Again?

(1/6) > >>

Sexy Legs (Leighton):
I'm thinking of getting a more meaty detector some time later this year. My Ace 150 is serving me well for now, but I bought it as an entry level machine, and obviously I'll be looking to get something bigger and better at some point. So my question is this.

Many of you have had several detectors through the years. They all have their pros and cons, but I want to know what detectors have you had that you would NEVER use again and WHY. There are so many discussions on here regarding what is the best detector, so let's turn it on its head and get your opinions on what in your experience is the worst.

I understand there will be radically differing opinions about this, but I'd like to hear your thoughts please. Thanks, folks.

paddy:
c scope dig to much iron infacked if if you looked beind me you would think i was plouhing the Field i was digging that Meany iron signals

PHIL YNYSBOETH:
Ohhh this is a difficult Question Mighy
What suits one detectorist might not suit another

Im going to really upset a few People with my next statment ,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,Id never buy/use a Minelab Explorer again, There ive said it  lol
Just didnt suit me.

I think my advice would be,
Untill your sure want machine is for you dont buy a new one,
with the Pre user market as it is, if you dont like the machine (after giving is a dame good go)
you could pass it on and not loose any moneyand in some cases you could make a few Bucks ;0)

Good luck on your Quest
Phil

Tafflaff (Rob):
I think this is a very fair and sensible question.  So many people will ask "What is the best detector out there"  and clearly from past threads its not an answerable question.  Its like asking "whats the best tool out there"    it depends totally on the job you're going to use it for.

Now, what detector would you never use again?   At least would draw on machines negatives and in turn you can decide if that negative would stop you buying it.   eg.  The digital screen is not accurate......  Maybe you'll only be using the Audio so its not really relevant to your decision.

I'm rambling...........

Debbie:
Fishers - they pick up 'hot rocks'.  Give a darn good signal on them too  :D
Deb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page