Buying a new Detector

(1/8) > >>

waltonbasinman:
Have been looking at the price of new detectors recently as I was keen to purchase a E Trac. Having read reviews and fellow users comments on different machines have still to go 100% for the E Trac. What is off interest is the varying cost of what is basically the same machine. The Explorer SE Pro is available new for as little as £799.00 with the accessories included but is offered by the more well known establishments for £1200 - £1300. How does the system work, why such a big difference. Would be interested to hear from the more business astute amongst us as to how this works. The SE Pro is probably the way to go at £799.00 as the performance is as near to the E Trac you can get and at £500.00 cheaper surely this is a bargain.

Gazza:
paul try looking on ebayUSA compare cost plus shipping  (my wife was in retail what sells best costs less and you sell for more doulbling
your profit

waltonbasinman:
You are right Gazza have just noticed I can get a new SE pro delivered to me from the states for under £700.00. Half the cost of buying from the UK. Spot on mate. Begs the question though why so expensive in the UK.

Gazza:
retailed import duty plus min 75% profit and vat ,we used to had min of 100% as orderd by in mother company

Chef Geoff:
Quote from: waltonbasinman (Paul) on October 25, 2009, 09:09:54 AM

You are right Gazza have just noticed I can get a new SE pro delivered to me from the states for under £700.00. Half the cost of buying from the UK. Spot on mate. Begs the question though why so expensive in the UK.

While they are cheaper, as USA retailers order direct from Minelab USA, British retailers have to order from Joan Allen who put their profit on first. Remember you will have to pay VAT and import tax if ordering from the States.
Also some of the retailers in the US can't export Minelab's as it breaks their agency agreements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page