Right or Wrong?

(1/11) > >>

Dale:
It looks to have age but 2000 years?

david995:
That looks in way to good a condition is it genuine ? 

celticspikey:
What did it cost Dale, I sold mine to my mate 6 years ago £2500, who was an avid collector of celtic and had hundreds literally. My feeling is wrong :-\ Bodvoc inscription looks odd ??? It's almost all to good, that said its not in my hand and other folk on here would probably disagree and have more knowledge  ;) good post though mate......please don't tell me you found it ;D

Dale:
Quote from: celticspikey on December 27, 2014, 05:24:06 PM

What did it cost Dale, I sold mine to my mate 6 years ago £2500, who was an avid collector of celtic and had hundreds literally. My feeling is wrong :-\ Bodvoc inscription looks odd ??? It's almost all to good, that said its not in my hand and other folk on here would probably disagree and have more knowledge  ;) good post though mate......please don't tell me you found it ;D

Its not mine, its one listed on eBay at the moment, It just don't look right both sides are central, the Bodvoc is fully on the coin rarely seen and worn even, the horse don't look right at all the ears, nose, neck it looks more like Rudolf to me :o the wheel is 6 spoked like a Catti and others, Bodvoc normally has 8. There should be a X between rump and neck but even that don't look right.
Its surprising how many gold struck Bodvocs are out there just take look on the celtic coin index, near the bottom of the Bodvoc page.

The new one iv shown is a forgery with a full Bodvoc inscription, struck in gold (Catalogued: 1981)

I would of gave scrap metal for it plus abit, but its on £650 at the moment.

celticspikey:
I'm with you on this one Dale, mine had 8 spokes, as for the bid of £650 wow, be interesting to see where it ends up. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page