Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A three silver morning on the beach . . .  (Read 2415 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: October 12, 2012, 01:53:12 PM »

I have been off work all week and finally finished decorating the back bedroom, so popped to the beach this morning for low tide.

Not a detectorist in sight. Just tons of dogs walking their plastic wrapped owners.

A fair bit of sand had moved since I last came here, and it was apparent immediately where to detect in amongst the now uncovered pebbles, bits of beach glass and china. First find of the day was a Vicky halfpenny, so at least the coins of an age were showing. Next came a silver joey, followed shortly be another and then after half hour another one (A certain member is shaking his head now mumbling "They're not joeys").

I had a bit of a heart stopper as the hail fell, and the hounds headed whimpering for shelter, when a piece of gold popped up. On closer inspection though it turned out be rolled gold 1/10 12Ct. A shame but its the closest I've got to finding gold for about 2 years.

Lack of battery power stopped play until next time.

Cheers
Neil

* 003.JPG (136.89 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1102 times.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:13:51 PM by Neil » Logged

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »

well done Neil,  see i told you it was your turn to find gold!   Grin Grin Grin

well found

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 02:47:56 PM »

Always good to find pre-decimal at the beach well done where wee you at Neil?

Greetings from the Dragon.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »

Thanks Alan - not quite the gold I had in mind.

Today Paul I visited an Island steeped in history and refered to in Homer's Iliad as "A land of magic and mystery, where only the breath of a Virgin would gain entry". This was a bit of a problem as there was nowhere I could find a virgin in the surrounding vacinity, so I improvised with a girl from the Chippy, who had the breath of 20 Lamberts!

This famous isle goes under many ancient names, but locally its know as "Going down the Baz, like."

Amazes me it still releases the silvers after so many detectorists over so many years!

cheers
Neil

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:55:24 PM by Neil » Logged

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »

Thanks Alan - not quite the gold I had in mind.

Today Paul I visited an Island steeped in history and refered to in Homer's Iliad as "A land of magic and mystery, where only the breath of a Virgin would gain entry". This was a bit of a problem as there was nowhere I could find a virgin in the surround vacinity, so I improvised with a girl from the Chippy, who had the breath of 20 Lamberts!

This famous isle goes under many ancient names, but locally its know as "Going down the Baz, like."

Amazes me it still releases the silvers after so many detectorists over so many years!

cheers
Neil

lol Neil its amazing  i too find days when you can get loads of Pre-decimal on that beach most of the time
nowadays its ringpulls lol.i remember a few years ago had over 100 pre-decimal in one day as you look down the beach on the top right
next day all covered up with sand...happy days m8t...PaulB. Cool

Greetings from the Dragon.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 07:46:09 PM »

its ok neil i will pick the gold up for you Roll Eyes
 weldone on pre decimal now charge the batts and go back for the gold Smiley
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:52:58 PM by dances with badgers » Logged

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 08:39:30 PM »

Grin  Bravo monsieur  Neil , i love this little silvers and pour finir un peu de gold wow i wish i was doing that well on the beach but i dont get on with the tides and finding the best days to go and so on , will defenet have a go again but waiting for a big storm .Encore very good mon ami.Nordine.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal