Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Threshold settings on Safari  (Read 3487 times)
yankee
« on: March 14, 2009, 01:31:29 PM »

What threshold setting should I use on the Safari? I thought max would be best buy I may be wrong!
altinkum

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 01:36:27 PM »

set it so you can just about hear it like a background hum. on my explorer it's about 8 i think.  hope this help's  mike

explorers, my arse
yankee
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 01:57:06 PM »

I thought the threshold setting was just a volume control! someone please clarify what exactly does the threshold setting do?
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 10:20:26 AM »

Hi

I keep my threshold on 9, not too quiet. As you know it "hums" and vanished when you pass over
a target. In all metal you will get a sound. If hunting with discrimination then this lull signifies an
iron target.
It important not to put the threhold down so that you can't hear it as it will affect the loudness of
a good target, especially at depth.
When you hear a lull in the threshold it basically signifies iron (or a target that is discriminated out)
and you need to slow down so that you don't miss a go0d target near iron.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:22:48 AM by rjm » Logged

detectordave

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 10:45:46 AM »

The threshold control regulates the optimun level of audio sound required to achieve sensitive operation in the all-metal ground balance mode,most motion detectors have the tuning range automatically controlled and set to silence in the discriminate mode.On some machines threshold adjustment can still be made in the discriminate mode.Together with manuel tuning automatic threshold retuning comes as a selectable option on some detectors to use with the all-metalground balance.This feature can be used to control tuning drift caused by changing ground mineral concentrations.Hope this helps

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 12:28:02 PM »

Yankee the threashold should be set so that it,s just audible to loud and you,ll mask the faint signals to quiet you,ll also miss the faint signals Ihave,nt mentioned setting level because everybodys hearing is differant  good hunting  Roll Eyes mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
vitallius (Dave)

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 01:04:43 PM »

Hi
I have a new SAFARI used only twice,I set my threshold about 9, I not sure how you get on with it as a whole? I have the sef 15inch coil on it also, although I have found things with it mostly old pennies a silver thimble and couple of musket balls I am still not confident with it I seem to get a lot of false signals what sound to be good then cant seem to locate anything I have tried the different programs relic etc but I tend to stay on coin/coin jewellery setting with high trash setting any pointers would be appreciated.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal