Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sef coil  (Read 3970 times)
mark barrett

« on: July 12, 2009, 09:51:58 PM »

hi,  i am getting used to using my explorer se on the standard coil with basics settings at the moment, I also have the sef 12 x 15 coil which i havnt tried yet, apart from lowering the sensitivity what other changes should i make when using this sef coil.   And is it harder to pinpoint with it,.

swing low, aim high
vitallius (Dave)

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 06:30:18 AM »

Hi Mark.
I have the 12x15 on my Safari but only used it a few times,all I can say is I have my threshold about 9, sensitivity down slightly and yes when used, I find it quite difficult to pinpoint,there are others with the same machine as yours and im sure they will answer your question a little better...good hunting to you. Dave  Grin
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 04:14:03 PM »

The one thing you deffo do not need to do is reduce sensitivity....
Using the SEF coil 12 x 15 on my Explorer II i run at maximum sens 99 % of the time.
pinpointing is no more difficult than with the standard coil.the find if regular in shape tends to be under the point where the shaft is connected to the coil.

The main advantage of the SEF coil is that you can increase sens to levels i could
never achieve with the standard coil...hope this helps regards Paul. Cool

Greetings from the Dragon.
altinkum

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 02:24:59 AM »

ok

explorers, my arse
Buddysox
Rally attendee

When in doubt----Dig it!

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 03:47:45 AM »

I agree with the Dragonsbreath, dont lower the sens. Only to make the machiene stable, if that happens. I have used the 10x12 SEF for about 1 year now and love it! One thing is that at times I notice that a sweet high tone shows a lower reading than should go with that sound. Go with the sound always when this coil is on. It has a wounderful way of finding good stuff thru trash and sounding off. Trash mixed with say, silver will give a lower than normal reading on the scale but it has an uncanny way of picking out the good things and letting you know.
Good Hunting!

Buddysox,(John)
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 08:03:44 AM »

I had the SEF coil with my SE and what a difference it made, where I was having sense at 21/24 with the SEF I could crank it right up to 32. pinpointing wernt a problem for me, only thing I would have changed is have the smaller coil , the 15" is to heavy the 12" would have been perfect. After using the new pro coil a few times I still think the SEF coil is better thats just my opinion though.
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 12:21:31 AM »

i think theres not alot of diff between the pro and the sef only the pro dd is lighter and minelabs are not the best for pinpoint anyway dont matter wat coil you use  Undecided

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 07:03:53 AM »

thanks phil,i was thinking of buying a new coil but wasn't sure what would be the best but if you say not much different it helps

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal