Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: detech coils advice  (Read 3250 times)
taffyphil
Rally attendee

minelab sovereign elite user, F.I.D.

« on: June 23, 2009, 12:17:22 AM »

Looks like i might have to replace my  tornado 10" coil for my sovereign elite, cost to replace £170 -. was wandering if anyone has used the detech 12.5" coils for the sovereign  and are they any good . can get one of those for £119 -  big difference in price and im on a budget. thanks in advance.  Grin
zorro
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:49:34 AM »

simple answer would be to PM U.K.Brian. he'll tell you  Wink
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 08:07:32 AM »

I've not tried it. I've the Detech Penetrator S (14") and the Sunray 12" (which is 12.5"). For land I prefer the Sunray but I don't think anyones importing them at the moment.
On the beach either works well with the Detech sweeping that little bit wider but the Sunray having a slight edge on depth.

A interesting thing is that those who have upgraded to the GT from the Sovereign have found that Minelabs own 10" works better than the Sunray even though with the older 10" v Sunray 12" the Sunray is the winner.

One warning if buying secondhand. The original Sunray 12" was coloured white and a solid coil. Its a good coil but weighs a ton. The Mk2 version is open style in black. Light in weight but strong.
taffyphil
Rally attendee

minelab sovereign elite user, F.I.D.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 12:29:54 PM »

Thanks brian for your help and advise . It would be a brand new coil and the mk2 open style .joan allen are doing them for both the explorers and sovereigns.  http://www.joanallen.co.uk/a_metal_detector_accessories.html
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 02:08:08 PM by taffyphil » Logged
Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 03:29:19 PM »

Personally i prefer the coiltek coils for my EXP II , had a bad experience with detech 12.5, (bought faulty one and was exchanged for another faulty one i got full refund after 3rd , the faults where coil one ..no tightening collar on jack, coil 2 shielding fault, coil 3 shielding fault) good news was that there was no quibble with dealer and he agreed all where factory faults. and not me (phew)
Hence the reason for coiltek. I have the platypus 11" practically welded on my machine and been using it regularly for about 4 years now, all terrain including beach in and out of the surf. I do have the 14" WOT but seldom use it because pinpoint is a bit iffish and end up digging bomb craters (does not look good on pasture) excellent depth, but needs realy clean ground to behave nicely.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal