Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newish se user  (Read 3089 times)
mark barrett

« on: June 12, 2009, 09:31:13 PM »

Hi, my main detector is a t2, I also recently purchased a explorer se. Can you chaps tell me in which conditions the se would be more suitable,. I mainly hunt on pasture, sometimes woodland and ploughed now and again. Some of my sites are junky so i guess the t2 is the one for them but i have some clean sites too, so  where does the se  excel !

swing low, aim high
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 09:48:36 PM »

Hello Mark the explorer se should preform better on pasture woodland and wet sand the tecknetics t2 for the ploughed and Iron infested sites and dry sand and both on stubble others may have a differant opinion good hunting :omole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
1morecoin
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 06:33:09 PM »

Hi  Mark,    I have used Minelabs for a good few years and even though I am not an expert on the Explorer i do know how to get the best from it on Welsh pasture, my finds over the last 9 years will back this up, i purchased an F75 about three months ago and was impressed to start off but have come to realise that if you want the best machine for your hobby then you need more than one machine.
The F75 which is virtually the same as the T2 is light, well balanced and has a very quick recovery speed and if you are hunting in high trash or mineralisation then this is the machine for you , but if you are hunting in Wales on permanent pasture with very little mineralisation and depth is the issue then forget it, use your explorer it is much deeper, i know what is coming, use the fisher in all metal and it is as deep as the explorer, well the fact is over the water it might be but here in Wales it takes second place as the Fisher won't touch the explorer and thats a fact.
If you wan't i will send you some programmes from Desi of Minelab which he sent over to me to use on my Bronze Age site i have adapted one which i have used on all my sites in the Vale and is very stable and extremely deep.
I hope this has helped you out in some way and maybe we will have a chat at one of the rallies.

Best of luck.

Steve. 

Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 06:44:42 PM »

Welcome to the forum Mark, their a mine of information on here,

Landyman

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 07:44:07 PM »

The Se would find things deeper on all your sites if you keep the discrimination low and the sensitivity high. With them settings you would get a bit of an ear bashing on junky and iron infested sites so then the T2 may be easier to use but not so deep.
I highly recommend the book- The Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook. by Andy Sabisch. It explains every thing you need to know about the SE and other Explorers.
http://www.joanallen.co.uk/a_metal_detectors_books_uk.html

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal