Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: explorer programs  (Read 11530 times)
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 08:33:40 AM »

ok mike and my ex john im not taking the pee out of any one im just haveing my say on the ex 11 lets start with john you are right about the dd coil it is the best £160 i,ve ever spent it is out standing and im not dogging the minlab as they are the best detector out there it will beat fishers hands down im not impressed with the iorn seperation on the ex 11 its not as good as the xs thats all im saying most detector finds are found in first 5ins anyway you got to lucky enough to go over them so mike theres nout wrong with the fisher if you like that detector wat ever turns you on  Wink Cheesy

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
altinkum

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 09:14:46 AM »

coleggwent i took your post's as they were intended( a bit of a laugh) the same as mine are intended. i've mentioned no name's on intended to on this or any other minelab thread so when my name get's mentioned i'll say somthing about it offend or please. if people dont like their brand of detector  slagged off  then dont enter into these sort of threads because if you hand it out you will get it back. as you said you like the ex range and i like the fisher were never going to see eye to eye on that but i have not built a shrine to worship my detector like someone on here.  mike

explorers, my arse
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »

ITS ALL A BIT OF FUN  Grin LIKE I SAID MOST FINDS R FOUND IN THE FIRST 5 INS SO IT DONT MATTER WAT DETECTOR YOUR USEING SO NO DEBATES FROM ME SOME GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN ALL THE BEST COLEGGWENT(PS I WOULD NOT HAVE JOHNNY ANY OTHER WAY HES STUBBUN BUT HES GREAT)

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 11:01:08 PM »

hi mike first of all i wasn t taken the **** out of you i have the greatest respect for you like me you speak your mind firstly  the clothes line joke was funny my first thought was where do you live so i could nick it,  anyway, whatever people spend their hard earned money on is their choice, watever make they buy, i only defend the ex11, because again people spend good money to buy them ,they are difficult machines to learn, put programed right, and used right are top class machinestry and buy a second hand one on e bay less than £500 somebody nows somthing are you coming to the scan club rally regards john
altinkum

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 08:14:09 AM »

hi john  it's all a bit of leg pulling i might even bring my ex11 to caerleon.  no i'm not going to the scan rally as it's my son's birthday so were out for the day.  so hope you all have a good day and look forward to seeing pic's of the day's find's.  mike

explorers, my arse
DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 08:54:21 AM »

I have to laugh when i read about what i call detector wars Cheesy so funny!I started off with a prizm 2 and found some lovely finds went up to a exp 2 great machine loved it found some great things with that too although too heavy and it was taking its toll on my ageing limbs so now im a owner of an x terra 70 and when set up properly its a killer on coins .I think they all have good points and bad points and the weight is a definate plus side of the x terra for me.So go with what your happy with as long as its finding the goodies who cares!

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
altinkum

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2009, 09:23:25 AM »

well said dig it. i stopped useing my ex11 when i had tennis elbow even useing a bungee did not help. all the years the explorer range has been out WHY cant minelab put it in a xterra frame i'm sure a lot of people would be interested in buying one. i'm thinking of getting a new coil and doing a hip mount conversion on mine as i cant use it for long as it it now it flares my elbow up again.   mike

explorers, my arse
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2009, 12:27:18 PM »

Well im glad 2 have made up lol

Ive used hundreds of Explorer 11 programs and had a fruitfess few hours in the edit and learn settings only to learn that when you disc against Foil and Ally  you loose most Gold
 and stuff your like to keep, total waste of time and i think that on its own accounts for the Explorers high price tag new.

Only use i can see for edit and learn is your a killer at token hunts lol

Some time ago i started using the coil preset in abvanced with the sens on manual and running hot and that works really well but ive found you do loose depth, you find more coins because you not wasting time digging.

I keep coming back to Tony Hunts (minelab owners) and Roger from rogers relics programs
Any thoughts on these ?
If your dont know them id be happy to post them in the Minelab programs Board

All the best
Phil Jones

16.5DD (richard)

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 10:55:37 PM »

if you want to have an easy day program do not use this .

se programe
sens  32
gain 10
smooth
deep on  thats black fast off thats clear
conduct sounds trust me ferrous looses to much !!!!!
volume 10 variability 10 limit 9
threshold tone 1
thresh vol around 8 as you like there tho
set screen full open in iron mask
in normal screen set clear but nail discrim.
need vol headddies and turn them down or you need anadin
this you need to go slow with its slow-n-lows settings thereabouts
iron sounds screaming but practise as you miss top signals there is a difference but you must use good headdies
your machine should be set in lower sens till you can handle the noises .
this is great for bad soils where you would normally set the explorer at 10 sens .
it will find you very nice things others miss.
if you need a quicker swing then drop sens and flick it from deep to fast .
ferrous looses some roman stuff tried on a signal that was not even iffy was a tidy bronze roman giving a ferrous signal in ferrous mode so would have been left there.
if you set ferrous it is simple to use but you may well miss lots of stuff..

you never know what lies below......

dreaming of detecting whilst............
detecting as there nothing else i would rather dooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal