Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quattro --- Dig To Minus 4  (Read 5137 times)
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« on: May 16, 2009, 12:54:15 PM »

I have been told to dig any signal down to minus 4 that my Minelab Quattro finds. Have read a few articles and the book "Mastering The Quattro" by Andy Sabisch.

Has anyone on this forum found anything decent that shows a minus signal? Don't want to over discriminate but don't want to spend the day digging any old iron! Oh the dilemma!
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 01:06:18 PM »

JON YOUR LUCKY BUD  I HAVE NO DISCRIM SO I HAVE TO DIG EVERYTHING   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy     IVE HAD ENOUGH OLD IRON TO OPEN A SCRAPYARD .............  WITH MINE   MINUS 4  IS THE OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE  LOL  Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 01:11:24 PM »

jon,- 4 on my x-terra is always iron so i ignore this signal if searching in all metal mode,not sure about the Quattro tho bud.

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Yankee
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 01:32:43 PM »

Check out the new post I did today! You might find it usefull http://www.detectingwales.com/index.php?topic=1776.msg14913;topicseen#new
romano-brit

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 01:53:33 PM »

yep i got a hammy that read -3 when i had my quattro, quite a few romans came out at -4 as well

2011/2012 Finds

Roman silver: 2/0
Hammies: 7/1
Milled silver: 17/0
Gold artifacts: 1/0
Gold coins: 0/0
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 02:01:11 PM »

Cheers guys. Interesting video Yankee. Cheers.

Romano Brit. I heard the same, that hammered can show as -2 to -3. I think it was Paul(Waltonbasinman) who told me to dig those numbers.

Stig. I've been doing the same as you and ignoring all -4 cos when I dig it the signal was aways iron.

Digga. I been there mate. Had a C-Scope 660 for years. I dug everything. Probably had enough iron to make my own batle cruiser!

waltonbasinman
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 06:46:53 PM »

It is a difficult one Jon. At Rooks bridge I ran a couple of hammered  that were found by the Quattro and all gave a 14 on it. Hedge hog had a few hammered at his house that gave -2 to ten on the Quattro and i have a hammered I found recently that reads 25. Where do you start.  Huh Huh
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 08:03:16 AM »

Hi Paul, I've run a lot of Roman under the Quattro, silver and bronze and all give plus signals. I've put hammered under it...What other people have found..I've never found one  Undecided and they were showing 14. Next week at the rally  I'll try digging to minus 4 just to see if the results differ. The fields by me that I detect are quite noisy so would be difficult to dig everything.

Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »

Just found a link from an American Quattro  forum showing that meteorites show as - 7 on the Quattro. Only in America folks!

http://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6114
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 07:12:46 PM »

Hi Jon
Not sure if you sorted out "to dig or not to dig", I know it's an old thread but I had missed it until today.
I can only speak for the X-Terra, but -2,-4 and -6 can all be hammered coins or more usually cut half's and quarter. this only seems to happen when the target is on the limit of the machines depth and the ID numbers switch between - numbers and the correct + numbers but the + numbers must be roughly the same on each swing.
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 07:18:22 PM »

Hi Chef. Cheers for the info. Luckily Paul(Waltonbasinman) has the same machine so he pointed me in the right direction. Basically he said the same as you. Unfortunately my Quattro has refused to power up since Friday so perhaps it is a moot point now  Roll Eyes
Just as I was getting used to the machine too.... Grin
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 07:36:40 PM »

Jon
Not sure how good you are with electronics or computers, but  Explorers, Etrac's, Quattro's and safari's suffer occasionally from an easily rectified problem, and that is loose plug connections. If you take off the control panel face plate and turn it over you will see two white plugs, one has a single wire the other has 4, it is usual the single that works itself loose but unplug and plug them both. It is worth checking and cheaper than the post to Ireland.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal