Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quattro Battery  (Read 3656 times)
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« on: April 10, 2009, 06:15:28 PM »

So many questions, where do I start  Huh

Is it worth buying a rechargeable battery? I have currently been quoted these prices.

UK spec Battery charger for all Minelab Explorer Quattro Batteries. Also Charges Minelab Sovereign Elite & GT Batteries. £17.99

Nickel metal Hydride (NiMH) 1600ma rechargeable battery for E-Trac, Explorer & Quattro models £59.95

Nickel metal Hydride (NiMH) 1800Ma rechargeable battery for E-Trac, Explore & Quattro models. 1800Ma battery offers approx 20% increase in battery life over std 1600Ma model. £68.95

I currently throw eight rechargeables into the alkaline battery holder and away I go. But they don't last too long before they need charging. Is it worth upgradng and is it worth the extra nine quid for the 1800 instead of the 1600.

Thanks...

Jon

waltonbasinman
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »

Jon as you know i use the Quattro and the night before detecting I charge up two sets of Duracell NiHM 1600 batteries on for eight hours while i sleep and one set will last all day. But i have the second lot as a backup. Usually half nine to half four with half hour for dinner. I have had them 18 months the same as the detector and show no signs of wear. I bought the lot for 30 quid all in, in a Argos sale having gone through two lots of batteries on my first time out.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 07:20:31 PM »

Jonola if you intend using the quattro reguluar I,d go for the rechargables 1600mh or 1800mh  anyone buy rechargables should make sure they buy metal nickel hydrate the reason being theres no memory effect the mnh,s charge to full capacity from whatever level is left in them where as the ordinary battries charge only partially charge  I did,nt get rechargables with my quattro which I aquired recently but if  I decide to keep it I,ll be investing in some myself maybe Watonbasin Paul could tell you where to buy them at the best price Smiley mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 01:36:17 PM »

I am currently using a set of Energizer rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride High Energy 1300.

I also have a set of Uniross Rechargeable 2500 mAh Ni-MH

As you can tell I just read what it said on the battery. history is my forte. Batteries are not  Roll Eyes
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 02:09:42 PM »

Jonola Smiley when  you get the quattro charged up next theres a place near you in the pontypool cwmbran area called Rosemarys bushes a small hoard of coins was found in this spot over twenty years ago I think they were silver and dated from the sixteen hundreds it is supposed they were the proceeds of a prostitue plying her trade the man who found them was using old technology good luck  :)mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
waltonbasinman
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 02:45:59 PM »

Just surf chaps. Get on a search engine and type in what your after. Someone will have some deals somewhere and if you order early enough they should be here next day.  Grin Grin
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 03:11:27 PM »

Thanks boys. Will look for a deal Paul. Will definitely look into the hoard Mole. Cardiff are 1-0 up....hope they hold on....Bristol City....I won't say nuffink Paul....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal