Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detector choice help  (Read 1338 times)
Dibnah
Rally attendee

« on: November 09, 2016, 07:05:08 AM »

Hi All,
I am in the market for a new detector,,having just sold a Sov GT and regreting it

I have been looking at another sov or Exp ii as buget is limited, but I have seen some good reviews on Nokta Fors Core and Makro Racers on wet sand, I dont see any pages on here for the FC or Racer and just wondered if any of you have any experience with them against the ML's

Thanks in Advance D
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 12:32:59 PM »

Hi Dibnah If your looking at the beaches primarily, and it looks like you are giving you have mentioned black sand then I feel as you say you may regret selling the minelab!! Nothing touches the Soverign, Expl , or CTX for wet sand searching Full Stop. My set up for beaches wet sand was Soverign Elite with 15" WOT coil, it was as good as  my CTX... The Nokta and Cors are serious bits of kits, but won't compete if your serious about searching the wet black sand.....spikey  Wink Wink

dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 04:41:30 PM »

Hello i have used the old explorer II and the Nokta On wet sand beaches and the Minelab beats the Nokta hands down
not only on depth but in target separation, i can run the explorer at maximum sensitivity but the Nokta to get it stable at only about 35% sensitivity....PaulB.

Greetings from the Dragon.
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 05:43:50 PM »

Hi Dibna, having read the other comments regarding the three detectors in discussion and having owned all three of them at one time or another hear are my comments.
1).. Minelab Sovereign.FOR...great beach machine,better than the SAFARI?
Against....Very heavy for use over long periods.
NOKTA FORS CoRe(stands for coins & relics)..A GREAT around detector,really great on meadows,farmland etc.i the an easy machine to set up and go.
AGAINST...quite annoying that the set up screen is to the side of the machine,,,and means that in reality you have to rely on "the tones"but very,very overpriced .
So,very good machine on meadows and fafmlands,,ok on wet sand but nowhere as good as the Sovereign on the black wet sand.
MACRO RACER(1)..This is by far the best machine that I've owned,its very,very capable on both meadows,farmlands etc,it can give some very impressive results on wet black sands,
(it's very stable on the beach settings)...and in my own personal estemation a very underestimated detector
The MACRO RACER(1) is very light and is a very deep machine,and its depth is greatly increased by using the large MARS "TIGER"coil,wow what a combination !!!😁
It's a very lightweight machine,and simplicity itself to set up,plus,its a very inexpensive machine to purchase(if you can find one !!!)
Personally,the MACRO RACER is such a great machine that I am going to invest in the new MACRO RACER 2 in the new year.
Hope this helps a bit on your decision,and all the above comments are mine only,and are a truthful reflection on my own personal experience .
Anyway,good hunting ...👍

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:15:23 AM by dingdong » Logged
Dibnah
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 07:35:05 PM »

oThanks for all the comments and help, really appreciated

I will have to see what becomes available for sale, I think I do prefer the beep beep of the sov and racer over the worble worble of the EXp and ETr, and as I want to pick up and enjoy, and the learning curv matches my patience level

cheers all, now for a bit of final deciding and parting with some cash

Happy Days 👍

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal