Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: some of my finds 2007-2009 in wales  (Read 35545 times)
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2009, 01:01:03 AM »

hi, out fri , in to deep dangerous wales the horseflies are waiting, at every corner for their dinner me, it lashed down with rain till i got their, louise90 and i then stopped, thanks odune any way after 3 quater years finally got my florin 1920  plenty of shillings and sixpences but no pre1947 florin, over the moon,  finds for the day two denari, havn t id yet , two sersterius and few grots,  a large pot  mend roman and weight, louise had a lovely dupondus, and the 2nd cent, lion casket  head the second denari havn t posted yet,  buts its a really nice republican
borderfox.1495

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2009, 01:12:20 AM »

got a new camera,  still learning it best regards john
hedgehog
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2009, 11:02:12 PM »

Hell John , those are some finds there, what a great site you are working on, don't think some of us are seeing the finds, might be an idea to start a new post with finds as they come, don't want the rest to miss your endeavours do you?  Grin  Nice pics too!
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2009, 06:32:02 AM »

Hi border fox,

stunning finds,

Do you take pot luck or do you try and research prospective farm sites to detect on ?

For the majority of tectors on hill farms, you can walk all day and only find buttons and buckles lol Grin
borderfox.1495

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2009, 08:01:39 AM »

hi hedgehog, , your probably right , but what i m trying to do is  build a picture of finds in wales for myself to remember, and to show what can be found in wales, if people are interested. outlaw, its a mixture of both, at this present moment i research possible sites, but  even then, you can only try new land, i walked miles, with very little to show, but just now and then ,you find that field of dreams. its just down to thinking where ancient man lived and meet, the piece in the centre of the grot coins cleaned up well and is a 2nd cent  roman strap end best regards john
DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2009, 08:05:06 AM »

Lovely finds borderfox i am still waiting for a productive field have been for years now mate Grin

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2009, 09:57:25 PM »

I think we all are waiting for that field of dreams Adie  Grin

Well borderfox i am still walking, though did find a denarius in Battle just after
Christmas  Grin
borderfox.1495

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2009, 08:54:36 PM »

went out fri. with lou 90,  driving  to collect him saw a hawk in front of me lifting a road kill rabbit  wish i had the camera to capture that , anyway  we chased up a tip off of a iron age fort ,one hour later lost in a country lane we give up tried a new farm , usual georgy , lou then had a nice tudor buckle. , i was thinking not another geory farm, then digs, hammered couldn t believe it,  really nice eliz groat, thanks phil for straighting it  regards john
waltonbasinman
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »

Very nice Mr Fox. Nice patina as well. You must be well proud.
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2009, 09:06:37 PM »

well done mr fox very nice coin mate would be proud to find that myself mate  Wink

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
borderfox.1495

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2009, 09:07:21 PM »

hi found  the other day roman 2nd cent  bird brooch minus one wing, according to mark lodwick ,the first recorded bird booch found in wales regards john
hedgehog
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2009, 09:35:17 AM »

Hell John two more lovely finds there, enjoying seeing your posts , keep it up! Do you find much rubbish on your forays?
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2009, 12:56:15 PM »

Awww wow , lovely finds there , keep it up , You're giving Wales a good name!  Cheesy

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2009, 04:21:42 PM »

Hello John :)still not in your league finds wise Shocked nice bird brooch bud the last twice out with your programme I,ve had silver JOEYS nothing spectacular yet!!! due to find something from the bronze age though Wink I can dream Grin Grin mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
borderfox.1495

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2009, 05:54:25 PM »

hi hedgehog, in answer to how much rubbish, if you mean foil pull tabs foil, not to much, as most of our land is very rural, do have lots of georgian / vicky coins had 16  yesterday, tried two new fields in rural fields right by old church, going back tomorrow, took camera, forgot batteries,, even decrt, in small river, found buckle and vici penny,  had like new 1923 florin, two in week Roll Eyes lthanks for all the kind comments, mole your not doing any wrong finding silver joeys, but you have to keep going research new land sites, phil and have hundreds of farms but we are always looking  and trying for new places wales is a big place, but there are still fields of dreams there to find regards john

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal