Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help and advice required on detecting in the south of france......  (Read 2294 times)
Roy
Rally attendee

« on: April 26, 2011, 06:27:37 PM »

Looking for some help and advice, I have the chance of a weeks detecting in the south of france in a months time on my cousins new property, (alright for some) the site dates back to 12th century with a chateaux over looking the property, (200 acres) firstly does anybody know the law about detecting in france, what about taking your machine on the plane, again has anybody had any issues here, any rules or regulations I need to follow........

My teenage son told me at my 43rd birthday 'Dad do you know you are closer to death than being born'...makes you think..... I need to start living and digging bigger holes
nomad

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 06:43:56 PM »

i think you have to check with the local mayor.....napoleon should know him being a frog leg and all...but good luck on your search.....mmmmm.south of france
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:14:54 PM »

lol thanks Nomad you salopard , ok well if you off detecting in France you will need the permission of the land owner in writing family or not they want to have a agrement between you and the land owner  second when you done that you need to go to the local prefecture ask for a form and they will do the rest but itsnot 100 percent you will be ok to detect on that land depend of the local history near by and so on if a castle is near by hummm a very little chance you will be able to go detecting . Make sure you do both things to start off or the result is they will take your machine away for good and a sour fine . no problems for taking your machine just make sure you contact customs and inform them . hope this can help and bonne chance.Nap
saxonman

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:29:49 PM »

What ever village you want to detect in you first must have permision of land owner (which you have) then the local Mayor then what nap said.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 09:13:04 PM »

Does this apply for beach detecting?

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 09:51:25 PM »

By the letter of the law yes Bob, but I never got stopped or asked when I lived there. Mind you I never beach detected on beaches that fronted towns so you might get pulled by the Police municipal if you did.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal