Failed Post

(1/4) > >>

Val Beechey:
OK thats definately IT !   Ive spent nearly an hour transferring, typing, re-sizing and generally faffing. Press the butto, and guess what ?  once again, wrong file type. OK post the typed bit, its gone. AHHHHHHHHH

Why Bother. And I'm sure that's why the site is dying.

Greg:
Val, I have been to my big cupboard and pulled out my hobbyhorse again. As you well know this is one of my favourite subjects, I am lucky enough to have 3 devices to try and post photos, my iPhone, my iPad and my hp windows 10 laptop.
Don’t get me wrong I have posted photos in the past, using apps to shrink, change format and also e-mailed to my other devices to reduce size, I keep trying.
I wanted to post a nice Edward I penny last week, but like you had to give up in the end.
I am a member of 3 other web based clubs (not Facebook) and cannot remember having a failure on any of them.
I think this is one of the best sites for information, and it sad it is in decline.
Members have explained in the past, as to how they do it but the fraffing about has beaten me. Why should I bother.

Val Beechey:
Hi Greg. I have the same as you and I’m sure the problem is with the site server. It’s not iOS compatible. That means, even when you transfer pics from iPad to laptop, it just won’t work. Transferring doesn’t change the original format.
Now if, like me you put your pics on the iPad, your on a looser with DW. One thing I haven’t tried yet is taking pics with my Huawei phone and transferring them direct to the windows laptop.
I started taking pics of finds with the iPad because the camera is so good and is excellent with close ups. I found out about none compatibility when I had the Huawei, it doesn’t like Apple. Also, like you I post on another forum, strait from the iPad, no trouble.
I will have to try phone to laptop when I’m in the mood, which I’m not at the mo. All too much like hard work
From the above ramblings you can see, it’s no good talking about or describing something without a pic. I can see, n my minds eye, what I’m on about but others can’t.
Ok ramble over. Time for a snooze, the rains arrived.

The Doc:
There is no problem adding photos if the file type and size are ok.

This is a jpg, 243 kb size.

The Doc:
What file type are your photos Val?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page