Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: PAS Website  (Read 5153 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« on: July 17, 2012, 04:54:52 PM »

Hi All, not sure how many of you know but recently the Portable Antiquities Scheme website has undergone a bit of a facelift. www.finds.org.uk
It is now far simpler to navigate and to search, just go to the database section and enter your town, era of interest or type of find and it will give you the records.
Finds are still being moved over and the site is still "work in progress" but I think you will find it better to use as a resource and also to help you record Wink
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »

Thank you chef

nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »

yep and it also enables them for us to do the legwork for em ,,just been informed by a landowner that archis are putting in some evaluation trenches in 1 of my sites later this year ,,,oh well  another 1 of my sites about to be scheduled i expect Wink

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
jtalbot0001

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 07:36:07 PM »

Hi Chef, I noticed the change as well but I actually thought it was because I installed a new browser, but it must have been sheer coincidence. It does look good, but the one thing I miss from the old one is the fact that you can't quite see new listings, like before, in the past if you clicked database, it showed you the last four recent listings, which was always nice to see. Overall it does look good.

THE TALBOT MOTTO: "To sniff out all things old and beautiful." ....... Just because I'm extinct doesn't mean I can't sniff out the hammereds!
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »

Hi Jon, you can still see new entries by going to the database then click "all artefacts and coins" on the left, then click "date created" on the right Wink
jtalbot0001

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 11:14:20 PM »

Genius!! Thanks Geoff!! I will have a play around the web tomorrow, actually that's today now LOL as it's 12:13 AM. Morning all Smiley

THE TALBOT MOTTO: "To sniff out all things old and beautiful." ....... Just because I'm extinct doesn't mean I can't sniff out the hammereds!
The Ferret

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 11:44:05 AM »

I Cant find my finds recorded by FLO  Angry I get error message 500 Huh
Also sent emails asking about one of my finds and was told to wait 28 days, Well is been a few months now and Still no Answer Huh

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 11:59:37 AM »

LOL 28 days?Huh be thankful your not in Wales you can wait over 3 years  Grin Grin Grin just ask Taff.
Laura is pretty quick but some finds need to be validated before they are promoted to public view. Also entries are still in the process of moving over so give it a little while and it will all settle down Wink
The Ferret

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 12:24:25 PM »

LOL 28 days?Huh be thankful your not in Wales you can wait over 3 years  Grin Grin Grin just ask Taff.
Laura is pretty quick but some finds need to be validated before they are promoted to public view. Also entries are still in the process of moving over so give it a little while and it will all settle down Wink
Hi Cheff I understand what your saying but I was told that the owner of the beach (the council/crown) had 28 days to show interest, this has now past and have not had any info back.
Cheers
TF

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »

Ahhh...you mean Treasure. That has nothing to do with PAS, they just act as agents and probably wouldn't know any more than you though they do know the people to contact for you.
Also treasure case finds aren't put on the site until the case has finished.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:52:25 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged
The Ferret

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »

Cheers Chef
But was told to wait 5 days with was on the 29th April  Roll Eyes hope its not lost Again took me ages to find it  Grin Grin Grin
TF

herbie

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 03:00:29 PM »

Just had a look at the new site, does seem easier to search, what does 'awaiting validation' mean?

Same sh*t different hole!!
The Ferret

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 03:04:50 PM »

I Cant find my finds recorded by FLO  Angry I get error message 500 Huh

Anyone else get this message  Cry

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 03:10:50 PM »

Usually that would mean that although it's been id'd, that id has to be validated by another FLO or expert of some sort. This is only usually on items that the FLO themselves isn't 100% comfortable with, but if you notice most finds that are on there at the moment are marked "awaiting validation" this is only because the website is still being added to from the old site so may not be in their final places yet Wink.
herbie

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »

Cheers Cheffy Wink

The Ferret--- I got that reply too when I tried to look at my records, I think you have to contact your FLO and get them to connect your PAS username to your records from what I can gather.

Same sh*t different hole!!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal