Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heathrow Customs  (Read 2618 times)
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« on: November 13, 2012, 10:28:06 AM »

I bought a shovel from the states on the 5th of November. It arrived in Heathrow on the 9th and tracking said 'awaiting customs clearance'. Today is the 13th and guess what - Its still sitting in Heathrow awaiting customs!!
And we wonder why this country is going backward in the world economy!!
I know they get a few parcels a day to check but surely their system needs to be more on the ball than this to compete in todays world.

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 10:40:30 AM »

I can empathise for you Mike I had to wait 3 weeks for clearance on a battery from China Angry
davtec (dave)

davtec

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:05:41 AM »

If you want to help the Economy bye britsh Angry Angry

A wise man changes his mind: a fool never will.
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 11:28:50 AM »

it is bad but everything you buy and come to the uk there is a problem or you have to wait ages , one thing i dont understand we went to France a while ago for the week end (Ferry) booked the ticket online  went to dover give the gate our booking details the second one is for passseport they just looked at us counting we was only 3 people and didnt check our passport  even asking me for them lol  so ok here we go maybe they will do that at the end of the crossing in Calais well lol even bettter we didnt have to stop at all there , that telling you its a joke i could have weapons in the car , drugs and so on but no stoping and that happen few times for me to be honest 3 times we went there by car we had the same crosssing didnt checked just the booking info and here you go . on the way back  in Calais the question have you got anything to declare no just visiting familly ok you go again .  Mike next time go to France to buy a shovel or even a Kalashnikov  they dont check . Cheesy
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:44:28 AM »

That would be Ok but the UK lost it's manufacturing base under Thatcher and if you tried to only buy British you would have very few possessions Undecided
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 11:47:59 AM »

it is bad but everything you buy and come to the uk there is a problem or you have to wait ages , one thing i dont understand we went to France a while ago for the week end (Ferry) booked the ticket online  went to dover give the gate our booking details the second one is for passseport they just looked at us counting we was only 3 people and didnt check our passport  even asking me for them lol  so ok here we go maybe they will do that at the end of the crossing in Calais well lol even bettter we didnt have to stop at all there , that telling you its a joke i could have weapons in the car , drugs and so on but no stoping and that happen few times for me to be honest 3 times we went there by car we had the same crosssing didnt checked just the booking info and here you go . on the way back  in Calais the question have you got anything to declare no just visiting familly ok you go again .  Mike next time go to France to buy a shovel or even a Kalashnikov  they dont check . Cheesy

I think you're a bit out of touch Nap, we've now got this thing called the European Union lol....Where have you been?
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 12:29:17 PM »

To be honest everything i buy is in Europe so avoid all the duties and so on, there is so much goods you can buy here (Europe) i just avoid to buy anything in the non EU . last year i nearly got a project muscle cars from California  i was so happy with the  price till i phone tax duties import shipping , insurance and the rest light conversion  it was just easy to buy one here in Europe for the same price with out the rubbish and the waiting time  , too many of us looking to buy in the non EU and why in the end you will pay the same here and nothing will change regarding tax duties we all have to pay them .
ysbytymike

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 09:00:54 PM »

They don't make this type of shovel in the UK. Its a US company patented design with a 10 year warranty.
What's the betting if a UK company put that level of warranty on a product - the product would outlive the company..  Cheesy

the-BANGOR-citizan

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 11:11:32 AM »

They don't make this type of shovel in the UK. Its a US company patented design with a 10 year warranty.
What's the betting if a UK company put that level of warranty on a product - the product would outlive the company..  Cheesy
LOL Like it.
Having been a driver for many years and picking up and dropping off at Heathrow I sympethise Mike. Launguage was usually the first and biggest barrier.

Remember Farrar Road
Farmer Phil (always remembered)
Matt
Rally attendee

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 06:53:10 PM »

Delaying a shoval through customs is a bit steep. Mind you its probably your shipping companies fault. I had a 8" tablet PC sent to me from Hong Kong a few weeks back and the shippers listed it as phone parts with a value of $2. Straight through customs, hadn't even been opened and theres no way a scanner could have missed that. On the other hand maybe one of the customs chaps just needed to borrow a shoval.

Matt
IFINDNOTHING

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 09:43:26 PM »

Get it sent as a "gift". Straight through and no duty Smiley

Quote "Don't ever give up hope, there's something out there, all you have to do is hold on and believe" Axl Rose-1988
ysbytymike

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »

On top of the price, I had a $55 postal charge now its telling me 'awaiting customs charging'!!! WTF.. This is going to be the most expensive shovel in the UK
by the time I actually get the thing!!
Think this might be a lesson for everybody thinking of buying this product from the states (Predator - Piranha).

dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 08:55:33 AM »

If you want to help the Economy bye britsh

and you should learn to speak proper england as well

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal