Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sovereign on flea-bay  (Read 2298 times)
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« on: March 06, 2012, 04:00:43 PM »

Been watching this for a few days and its already reached silly money for what it is and there's still '22 hours' to go to the finish of the auction.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINELAB-SOVEREIGN-XS2A-PRO-WITH-ID-METER?item=280838060228&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6812704746071587970#ht_500wt_1413

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
peanut

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »

thats crazzzzzzy  Shocked  what is it about the old Minelabs that still appeal today when there is so much more sophisticated technology around for the money ?  Thats more than it cost new 10 years ago or whenever it was brought out  Shocked

Its the same with the Musketeer pro/ Advantage . Don't get me wrong I thing the musky is one of the all-time great detectors, in fact I've still got mine !.... but jeezus its like swinging a cast iron manhole cover compared with modern stuff.

Is it nostagia ? or neuralga peeps are looking for these days ? Grin
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 10:29:47 AM »

There are not many machines that can beat the Sovereign on depth and on the beach, I would say none in the VLF camp.
Technology hasn't advanced one jot in the last 30 years as far as VLF technology and depth is concerned. Yes digital processing has allowed us to fine tune machines to seek out the weaker signals but in reality nothing has really changed.
IB, VLF technology presents you with 100 bricks, you can build them up in different height, different widths and thickness's. You can even build them in fancy shapes but at the end of the day you still only have 100 bricks.
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 11:27:02 AM »

All you have to do is ask any seasoned Wet sand beach detectorist there choice of NON P.I. detector
and i am sure 99% would opt for one of the sovereign range...as there is very little that will beat it.
And for dual use as long as you use very little discrimination and into manual then its a very tidy inland machine too.
Very good with S.E.F. Coil also.
I think these are very good value for money....IMHO......PaulB. Cool

Greetings from the Dragon.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:06:50 PM »

sovereigns beat my etrac on the beach everytime thats why i got one Grin

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
peanut

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 12:55:20 AM »

yes they are a brilliant all round detector but surely there are later minelabs using the same technology which are a lot lighter and easier to use.?
It would be interesting to see some back to back comparisons with some modern detectors

One of the strangest advantages of a heavier detector coil is the fact that they sweep aside stubble and grass tussocks and let you sweep the coil smoothly and close to the ground .

The first time I used my Euroace on pasture I marvelled at its lightness whilst cursing  the fact that the coil was being constantly bounced up off the ground by clumps of grass which made it very difficult to maintain any sort of rhythm. My Musky would simply bash the grass out of the way.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 05:05:10 AM »

the sov is not as easy to use as the etrac but when you have a good target it blows your ears off ,whether it is better for the gold only time will tell Grin.i have only just got mine and in first hr on the beach at the wrong time ( 2 hrs after low tide ) i had 5 pre decimal coins with it.i was just getting used to my pulse machine before i had to sell it.the sovereign feels a bit like the pulse,similar tones Smiley

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal