Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: DetectingWales.com Rally - Caerleon Saturday 14th March 2009  (Read 7674 times)
proconsul
Proconsul

« on: February 28, 2009, 10:49:41 PM »

THE CAERLEON RALLY IS NOW FULL
We are proud to announce that the second DetectingWales.com rally will be held at Caerleon in Monmouthshire. Caerleon was founded by the Second Augustan Legion and was the site of one of Britain's three permanent Roman Legionary Fortresses. Some people believe it to be the location of King Arthur's Camelot, being the headquarters of the Roman commander fighting the incursions of the Angles and Saxons upon whom the stories of King Arthur were based. In 830 AD Nennius listed Cair Lion as one of Britain's 33 cities.

The rally will be held on a farm just outside the town. It should be a mix of stubble and pasture fields. We will know exactly which fields will be available to us nearer the date of the rally. We have been informed that there has been very little detecting on the farm in the past. Whilst chatting to the farmer's wife she told us: "we had a couple of metal detector people here years ago. They found some of those little Roman sixpences". Needless to say Neil, Rob and myself all had the same word flash through our minds when she said that - 'denarii"... Smiley Of course we can't guarantee pocketfuls of Roman finds but the farm does look promising to us.

This will be a DetectingWales.com members only rally and I'm afraid everyone attending must be over 16 years of age. Usual terms and conditions apply. Everyone who attends does so at their own risk and we recommend that everyone has civil liability insurance. If you are a member of a club you will probably already have this. Please check.

If you wish to come please sign up on the signup page here:
http://www.detectingwales.com/index.php?topic=640.0
The location of the rally will be sent by private message to everyone who has signed up the day before the rally. Tickets are £5 per person, pay on the day.

Thanks to Tafflaff (Rob) for finding the farm for us. We appreciate it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 05:01:45 PM by admin » Logged
waltonbasinman
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 11:01:19 PM »

Oh well can,t turn a sit like this down. A days detecting then down the M4 to London for the Sheperds Bush Empire for the evening and a three hour trip home. Worth it i reckon.
Charles Cater

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 04:35:53 PM »

Well done , lads. Let's hope that it is well supported. Sorry I can't be there.

Say nought and you won't be controversial, or so they say?

http://detectoruser.co.uk

http://members.boardhost.com/Tom1/
Bob

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 10:23:15 PM »

Hi Guys.
I'm a new member and trying to come back to inland detecting.
Book me a place if possible.
Cheers,
Bob
proconsul
Proconsul

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:34:45 PM »

Hi Bob,
Welcome to the site. We will be pleased to have you at the rally but the signup page is here: http://www.detectingwales.com/index.php?topic=640.0 Please put your name down there so you're not missed when we send out the location details.

Geoff
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:37:40 PM by admin » Logged
Charles Cater

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 11:34:54 AM »

This is part conditions of NCMD insurance with Perkins Slade.
It would be policy to note very carefully what it covers.
Can I suggest that those who are members of the NCMD and are attending, copy this out
At the discretion of the organiser

CCPR Sports Scheme Combined Liability - Policy Summary

In order to comply with Financial Services Authority regulations Perkins Slade and the underwriter, Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc, require that the policy summary below should be provided along with the foregoing notes. It is a generic document that all National Representative Bodies that have access to the Civil Liability insurance policy are required to distribute to their members.

£2,000,000 is the minimum level of cover that is provided. The individual certificate of insurance and schedule held by the NCMD specify any variation from the generic policy and detail the (i) policy period, (ii) name of the insured, (iii) operative time and (iv) limit of indemnity etc. In the case of the NCMD the limit of indemnity for any one event is £10,000,000. See note below reviewing the policy.

This Liability policy is an annually renewable Combined Liability insurance, underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc.

This Policy is unique to Perkins Slade and provides indemnity against civil liability to pay damages in respect of claims arising out of the conduct of the Business made against the Insured and notified to the Company during the Period of Insurance.

Limits of Indemnity Available:
Civil Liability

The first level of cover up to £5m is provided 50% by Royal & Sun Alliance and 50% by Insuresport Mutual.

The second level of cover from £5 to £10m is provided by Zurich Insurance.

£ 2,500,000 any one occurrence (Primary insurers RSA and Mutual)

£ 5,000,000 any one occurrence (Excess over primary Zurich)
(Except for Products in the aggregate)

Public Liability:
Bodily injury or damage to third persons or property, e.g. to spectators or participants.

Products:

Legal liability arising out of products supplied, e.g. food and drink supplied at an event or equipment sold to your members.
Professional Indemnity:
Errors or omissions in advice given, e.g. inappropriate guidance on safety precautions.

Officers and Officials:

Protects against their own personal liability by reason of a wrongful act committed in their capacity as Officers of the Association, e.g. failure to provide appropriate insurance to affiliated players, coaches etc.
  [libel & Slander:
  For example your Association may issue a newsletter which contains defamatory material or it may be accused of discrimination. Our Policy will provide protection for the Association itself and will include its Directors and Officers, Employees, Committees and Volunteers automatically.
Member to Member Cover;
In certain circumstances cover may include member-to-member liability. This cover applies only when one Insured member brings a claim against another Insured member.

Employers Liability – Not Insured;

Exclusions;
The R&SA Mutual policy offers Worldwide cover but with limitations to USA & Canada and their territories as standard within the market place.

Detecting in the USA and Canada ;

Due to the claims culture and difference in legislation in  the USA & Canada insurers restrict cover. 

Cover is only available for teams visiting the USA or Canada who are representing their Country &/or Association. 

Cover is available for individual members of Associations visiting the USA or Canada at events officially recognised by that Association.  It is not intended to cover members who go on holiday.  Any event in USA or Canada has to be approved and within the remit of that particular Association.

Visitors from outside Great Britain Northern Ireland the Channel Islands or Isle of Man ;
The  policy is underwritten by a UK registered insurer and designed to cover UK Residents only.  This is standard practise.
Visitors to the UK should have their own cover arranged in the in the same way as NCMD members are covered if they go on recognised events of the Association outside the UK.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 11:42:31 AM by Charles Cater » Logged

Landyman

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 06:42:38 PM »

What time will the rally start?Huh
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 06:54:16 PM »

imnotin, you'll be PM'd by Admin on friday evening giving you all the info you need.

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 03:53:27 PM »

Grin Grin i would just like to wish everybody that is attending the Caerleon rally tomorrow great luck and hope you all have a great day and all get  nice finds,  and enjoy it . see you all tomorrow  Grin and thanks  to the guys for organizing it .
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 03:55:35 PM by casa-dos (kev) » Logged
ancientpat

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 04:30:34 PM »

I would like to add my thanks to the guys organising the rally too, I notice rallies around the country are becoming less and less probably because of all the various restrictions being imposed on farmers today.

Pat.
DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »

Yes well done guys! Grin

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
Charles Cater

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 04:40:23 PM »

Pat,
In my opinion it's all to do with  [1] Sites being played out and [2]Organisers getting greedier.
They are now dependant on getting those from abroad by the planeload. Not this one I might add.

zorro
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 04:41:19 PM »

i'd like to add my thanks for the hard work put in by the organizers of this rally. a thankless job sometimes but im sure that your efforts are appreciated by all on this site, those going to the rally and those that can't make it.
thanks also for making this site as friendly and good spirited as it is. Smiley
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 04:56:20 PM »

Grin well said my name sake  Grin
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 05:05:56 PM »

Thanks Geoff Neil and my mate Rob Roy for what we are about to receive Saturday morning ;0)

I wish everyone good luck but of cause i wish myself more luck than anyone else  lol

all the best
Phil Jones
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 05:09:01 PM by PHIL YNYSBOETH (RARE) » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal