Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: first report on new pi xpointer  (Read 14006 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 09:48:22 PM »

Hi Geoff,I am using preditors they worked fine with the Safari but they are un- unusable on the GT,a real pain!!!
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 09:54:21 PM »

Umm? well it won't be the headphones but it's reacting with the GT, does switching channels on the noise cancel have any effect?
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 10:09:14 PM »

Honestly Geoff I don't know,I havjust tried it out for the first time today on settngs I was told to use initially, if you got any ideas I would be more than grateful, if you can suggest anything,I will try out tomorrow and advise you on return from your Rally(me can't get away sorry)
Don't want to run to the expense of buying a new pointer unless I absolutely have to.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »

Other than changing the noise cancel channel you would just have to make sure that the coil is not close when you use the pinpointer, I naturally turn my headphones off when I use one as I cant hear it otherwise.
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 10:34:50 PM »

Cheers Geoff,will try a few changes,however, I think Nigel at Regtons had something to say about x-pointer on DW a few weeks ago!I thought it might have been a bit of sour grapes!!perhaps you could find the piece!!!
Good luck and every success for tomorrow.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2015, 10:40:35 PM »

Count yourself lucky having a pin pointer at all, the people in the Rhondda have to use a worm on a stick Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 10:51:16 PM »

Hey Dylan, I was talking to a fisherman today who was digging lug worms with one of those syphon thingies. He told me that over the years he'd found a few rings when digging and one with the syphon.  I want one  Roll Eyes

Val

p.s. did you know the tackle shops charge £14 per lb for lug worms  Shocked

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 11:00:37 PM »

£14  Huh Huh Huh anybody want to buy a worm on a stick £10 each Shocked Shocked

dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 06:33:03 PM »

Hi,Chef,I have tried various different options on the GT but the interference is the same what ever I do!
However,when I did exactly the same options with a Garrett Pro-pointer I got no interference at all,completely silent!!!....any ideas why??
So it looks like there is a difference in the electronic components used or how they are assembled.... Don't know!!...but I will be selling it and ordering a pro-pointer!!.
Mind you,in have read accounts of other DW members having the same problems.
Members contemplating buying this item should be made aware of its idiosyncrasies.
marknewbury1

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2015, 07:30:04 PM »

Hi,Chef,I have tried various different options on the GT but the interference is the same what ever I do!
However,when I did exactly the same options with a Garrett Pro-pointer I got no interference at all,completely silent!!!....any ideas why??
So it looks like there is a difference in the electronic components used or how they are assembled.... Don't know!!...but I will be selling it and ordering a pro- pointer!!.
Mind you,in have read accounts of other DW members having the same problems.
Members contemplating buying this item should be made aware of its idiosyncrasies.

hi old boy used the xpointer on the rally to day with the xp work OK all day it plays up if I use the safari when it s 2 close to it move the mc 2 feet a way it's OK chef said to day if you turn off the head phones it might be ok
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 07:33:12 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2015, 08:38:10 PM »

Hi Mark,thanks for your comments, however I never had any problems when I used to own a Garrett pro-pointer probe!!!
But its alright to switch your headphones off,"maybe" but try and switch off your headphones with wet sandy gloves on a beach with a force 10 gale blowing......well,impossible, never had to bother with the Garrett,therefore, I shouldn't have to put up with it with an x-pointer,agree???
troutmasterfunk

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2015, 08:53:16 PM »

Calm down calm down lol  Grin
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2015, 10:36:35 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 09:23:08 AM »

That Chris is the blight of Internet shopping.  I think most of us would admit to 'dropping a brick' with one purchase or another over the years (some more recent).  It's a bitter pill to swallow but, hey ho, there you go, it's only money and you can't take it with you when you go.
No good harbouring recriminations.  We all have 2 choices, after the event.  Either get over it and move on or make the most of it.
As far as the item is concerned, well you can either sell it or give it away.  I reckon there are some very happy refugees somewhere in the world who have benefited from my 'dropped bricks'

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Nigel at Regtons
Rally attendee

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2015, 12:37:58 PM »

Cheers Geoff,will try a few changes,however, I think Nigel at Regtons had something to say about x-pointer on DW a few weeks ago!I thought it might have been a bit of sour grapes!!perhaps you could find the piece!!!
Good luck and every success for tomorrow.

No, not sour grapes at all, can't remember exactly what I posted but it was along the lines of all probes have their good & bad points, the X-Pointer uses PI technology, good point, does not react to salt water, bad point, will react with most BBS or FBS machines, your GT is BBS.

Hope this helps

Nigel

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal