Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: first report on new pi xpointer  (Read 14009 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: February 14, 2015, 06:46:02 PM »

Hi every one,I had my first excursion with my x-pointer and sadly I have to announce that it failed!!not once,not twice but several times it was not reliable at all!!So it will be sent back for a full refund,shame,because it looked so good.Ah well "all that glitters is not gold" perhaps I will reluctantly have no other alternative than the Garrett pro-pointer!!
Unless You guys out there got any better suggestions,..PLEASE.!!
bowman

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 07:03:32 PM »

I use a Makro and a  x pointer , both pro pointers have never failed, I had a garrett pro pointer previous but found it kept going off all the time when being used. The x pointer is my favourite  Smiley
Drjohn
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 08:01:10 PM »

Me too. Love the xpointer, especially because it doesn't sound off on coke/ hot rocks, and I use a Deus Lite, which loves coke! So, flip over a spadeful, check with the x pointer , no noise? Coke. Believe me, I've checked loads of times.
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 01:38:06 PM »

Well here comes the second report on my recently acquired x-pointer,and it ain't good.After speaking and e- mailing Tony from detector bits I decided to keep hold of the pointer and persevere with it,well it kept on with a mind of its own,sometimes working,sometimes not,it was driving me crazy!!
So after further dialogue with Tony of "Detectorbits" it has been agreed that perhaps I do have a "rogue" Xpointer and I am sending it back and getting a replacement,fingers crossed that the replacement works!!!
But I think it only fair to say that Tony  has been more than fair over the whole thing," Good on you Tony" and good luck to you all at Detectorbits.

Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 07:16:44 PM »

hello i have not been detecting long at all, i have seen the prices for the  various pointers and cannot afford the outlay for one so [now you may laugh but works for me] i have been using a stud/metal detector that you would use in the house for finding cables etc in walls and it works a treat i paid about a tenner for it years ago, and it does the job lol
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 07:42:30 PM »

Not laughing at all if it pinpoints job done Wink
Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 07:47:33 PM »

it beeps and the red led flashs, when  a  couple of inchs away from metal, cheap enough to replace to if lost too.
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 07:47:52 PM »

Well the x-pointer will be given its marching orders in the next couple of days,I had the original x-pointer replaced,and after trying my replacement, well as a pointer it works,but unfortunately it reacts to everything else nearby,the only way to silence the b****y thing is to turn off my phones pinpoint,then turn off pinpointer then turn back on phones,come back pro-pointer all is forgiven, and I will never ever put price over functionality again,Quite honestly I have wasted  nearly £70:00,so you guys,pay that little bit extra and get a pin-pointer that actually works in a true working environment.......ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😨😈!!!!!
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 08:11:38 PM »

I learnt along time ago to turn my phone off when detecting as it will interfere with the detector Wink
wondering

NCMD Member

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 08:25:30 PM »

I have an x-pointer and can honestly say that it works a treat for me an I give it a battering, I jab the clods stab the hole,  I jammed it in the soil that hard I lost the plastic protector you put on the end. I do get a bit of interference when close to the detector but i just move it out the way. Never faulsed once on me.

George

There is something to be found in every field....

Milled silver x 11
Hammered silver x 9
Pre-decimal (a lot)
Roman artefact x 2
Roman silver coins x1
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 09:15:35 PM »

Chef Geoff,when I say "phones" I mean EARPHONES not mobile phones!!yes,I always turn off my MOBILE PHONE,always have done!!
Try out a "Detectorbits" x-pointer and you will know what I am trying to put across!!
By the way,I chopped in the Safari,and now own a real detector....a Minelab Sovereign GT,and wow,now were cookin !!!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 09:21:40 PM »

Anyone using one of the "new" Garrett ProPointers?

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 09:23:38 PM »

Probably me soon!!!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2015, 09:30:02 PM »

I may join you, when my present ProPointer gives up the ghost. I see that Nigel from Regtons has been test driving one.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2015, 09:38:40 PM »

Chef Geoff,when I say "phones" I mean EARPHONES not mobile phones!!yes,I always turn off my MOBILE PHONE,always have done!!
Try out a "Detectorbits" x-pointer and you will know what I am trying to put across!!
By the way,I chopped in the Safari,and now own a real detector....a Minelab Sovereign GT,and wow,now were cookin !!!

I was one of the first people in the country to have one and I put Detectorbits on to them, mine's still going strong what headphones are you using?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal