Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A great Wittsey1 dingdong day !!  (Read 1708 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: March 16, 2016, 06:05:26 PM »

Hi everyone, this is going to sound a bit like an "admiration society'..LOL
Well myself and Wittsey1 met up as previously stated by him on his piece from today,and what a BRILLIANT day out detecting we had,perfect weather,perfect surroundings,and in the company of a good guy.
Steve's,finds were extremely good,considering  that the land we were on has been detected soooo many times,with,CTX,s E-TRACS, Nokta's,SOV'S and I am honestly astounded that " Wittsey" managed to get so many interesting historical artifacts from it.
I was also very,very impressed with the detector he was using,I think it's of Russian origin,very good technical layout,great programming facilities,BRILLIANT pre-set programme's, and above all its lightness,I'm sure it's even lighter than the Deuce,(without the big bucks )Well, I'm so impressed that I think I may have to break the habit of a lifetime and "spend some money" and buy one, OH,and by the way,the machine Wittsey1 has is only the basic model.
I will post all relevant info as to the name of this detector as soon as I get hold  of it.
Anyway,included in my picture is a photo of a very old pad-lock,my most interesting find,any ideas on date etc please.
When we got back to the cars,across the lane from where we were,I noticed that the farmer was ploughing a field this farmer very rarely does any ploughing, as he is 100% dairy farmer,and its a field that I've detected in the past,and it gave up some nice bits of silver,so,its back next week onto a field that to my knowledge hasn't been ploughed for over fifty years !!
Just found out about detector manufacturers AKA detectors
www.aka detectors .com,take a look,if even out of curiosity !!
Thanks for looking👍

* IMG_20160316_124840.jpg (173.06 KB, 480x640 - viewed 262 times.)

* IMG_20160316_124808.jpg (173.59 KB, 480x640 - viewed 260 times.)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 07:35:49 PM by dingdong » Logged
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 07:46:47 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on "AKA" detectors; will have a peep at them. Any maker's marks on the lock?

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 07:53:22 PM »

Hi Chris, sorry I can't see any name at all on the lock !! Wittsy1 recons its off a maidens Chastity belt !!!....LOL😁 👍
b.buoy
NWDD Member

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 09:20:18 PM »

Well done to both of you.
"maidens chastity belt lock" Hmmmmm, its not locked, so that didn't work too well.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 05:27:13 AM »

Aaaaaah, so that is why the locksmith was the only man in the village to walk round with a big smile on his face?

I had a quick look at the "AKA" metal detector site and rather liked the blonde model but there was no price on it!

Just rubbing the sleep from my eyes and getting ready to go and dig some equine pasture. Not been on the green stuff with the Safari for a while and am hoping that I can now make enough sense of it to capture some decent finds. Wink

Tally Ho!  Grin

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal