Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: FOTR (Find of the Rally ) Round 1 The farmer phil Rally  (Read 13076 times)
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« on: January 30, 2011, 08:47:30 PM »

Ok Guys and Gals, On here I want entries to the competition  Coins and artifacts .  Once all entries are in we will poll a winner. Dont be Shy , the more people that ebter , the better.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »

Come on people , this only works with entries  Grin

The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 10:58:30 PM »

Here we go then, to get the ball rolling.

Edward IV halfpenny, Canterbury mint
duggypuggy

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 11:17:18 PM »

I would like to enter my bronze roman coin Constantine II dated between 346  -  350 AD.
I am sorry but I do not know how to transfer the picture that is on todays Farmer Phil's rally finds page.
It is being shown as found by iggle piggle.
Thank you.

Thats ok Duggy Puggy , theres a few people cant post their pics. Leave it to me. Casa Dos or myself will itemise the pics at the end of the week
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:39:16 AM by Tafflaff (Rob) » Logged
dkcrooby

(Shianne)

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 09:57:52 AM »

I wish I could enter but I've nothing of significance to show!
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 01:18:55 PM »

bump

Techony

Research - Recover - Record

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »

Not being one to want to miss out on a competition, I thought I should post my best finds from yesterday and really upset the apple cart.

Unlike the plentiful hammered coins that adorned many a worthy searcher at the end of yesterday's foray, I was the one fortunate enough to find the rare 1920 George V penny that no-one was talking about. Although I had two 1919 pennies as well, the 1920 is obviously far rarer as I only found the one. A quick scan of the PAS and the UK DFD shows no other recorded examples. Therefore I rest my case.

For the artefact find, I offer you my "unifaced lead alloy token" as identified and recorded by the FLO's on site. I'm so glad that such a worthy lump of lead find will form part of this glorious nation's historical record  Grin

More seriously though, many thanks to all of the organisers invovled yesterday and congratulations to the lucky finders of some of the nicest coins I've seen for a long time (whether you want your FOTR points or not). The whole event was a glowing tribute to a man I know you all held in very high esteem and I feel honoured to have taken part.

Cheers.

NARC.org.uk                "You can have my Deus when you prise it from my cold dead hand"
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 08:10:59 PM »

sorry about the pics ,camera mob unfortunately....its not the best FOTR by far ,but it gives me practice trying to put pics up on this site

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 08:14:31 PM »

Attached photo's show my better finds for the rally.

The Vic 6d was in a hell of a state and took some major cleaning. It's a contemporary forgery so
I get extra browney points!

The other is a item is the catch plate off a Roman brooch. The Roman decided he wanted the
top bit with the pin!  Wink

JRD

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 08:18:59 PM »

That is some cleaning Bob - I would be interested to know how you got all the crud off and got it so clean?

wyrd bið ful aræd - Fate is inexorable
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 08:21:20 PM »

That is some cleaning Bob - I would be interested to know how you got all the crud off and got it so clean?

I dunno..............the wife does all the cleaning in MY house. I just sit here all day on the computer. It's a bugger having to lift my legs up when she comes round with the hoover. And when she dusts it makes me sneeze. I could go on. She's lucky she's got me.  Wink

Techony

Research - Recover - Record

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 08:25:58 PM »

I dunno..............the wife does all the cleaning in MY house. I just sit here all day on the computer. It's a bugger having to lift my legs up when she comes round with the hoover. And when she dusts it makes me sneeze. I could go on. She's lucky she's got me.  Wink

You really must get her to speed up her act there Bob !!! Let's hope the forum police don't disqualify you because of her tardiness, that would be so unfair of them.  Grin Grin Grin

NARC.org.uk                "You can have my Deus when you prise it from my cold dead hand"
JRD

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 08:27:32 PM »

Lol - I am bring my grot box around your house  Grin

wyrd bið ful aræd - Fate is inexorable
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 08:29:04 PM »

Lol - I am bring my grot box around your house  Grin

I'm happily married..............but thanks for the offer!!!!!!!!  Shocked

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 08:31:20 PM »

You really must get her to speed up her act there Bob !!! Let's hope the forum police don't disqualify you because of her tardiness, that would be so unfair of them.  Grin Grin Grin

Alright i'll be good. Don't want to be banned.....again!  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal