Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: euro tek pro.  (Read 3306 times)
markld3
Rally attendee

« on: December 11, 2013, 11:09:57 AM »

Hi all does anyone have an opinion on the suitability of the teknetics pro for use on the beach, dry and wet sand  Wink
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 12:11:12 PM »

Sorry but the EuroPro isn't a wet beach machine Sad You could probably reduce the sensitivity to a point where it would behave but you probably wouldn't detect a 10p at any deeper than 2" as a result.
Moncó

Teknetics G II & T2 se, Whites Pulse induction.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 01:59:17 PM »

Not recomended for the beach as said, possibly the G 2 would be better, but if it is surf detecting you want the only way is a pulse induction instead of a VLF machine, the multi or full band frequencies from Minelab also are good but they cannot detect gold chains...

Best regards
Moncó
Moose
Rally attendee

Addictive personality!

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 08:22:04 PM »

Hi markld3.
There is a utube vid of a guy using one on the beach, worth a look.
I have one of these with the 11"dd coil and I'm very happy with it, love the iron volume settings on it and the battery seems to last for ever!
I've not used mine on the beach at all yet, but planning on giving it a try soon as I can.

Edit
By the way, I noticed you were asking about other machines so I guess you are looking to buy one?
I went out with a mate who was using an ace 250 and it was SILENT over deep signals I was getting on my ET pro... Food for thought.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 08:27:05 PM by Moose » Logged

Make holes, not war...
markld3
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 12:28:17 PM »

Hi markld3.
There is a utube vid of a guy using one on the beach, worth a look.
I have one of these with the 11"dd coil and I'm very happy with it, love the iron volume settings on it and the battery seems to last for ever!
I've not used mine on the beach at all yet, but planning on giving it a try soon as I can.

Edit
By the way, I noticed you were asking about other machines so I guess you are looking to buy one?
I went out with a mate who was using an ace 250 and it was SILENT over deep signals I was getting on my ET pro... Food for thought.

Hi there Moose, yeah I am in the market for new machine I have resurrected my old cscope 660 which is at least 15 years old Smiley
and thought I could do with a more modern machine. I have been looking at all sorts and makes and getting very confused in the process, you think you've found what you are looking for and then find a couple of bad reviews that put you off Undecided    my budget is the limiting factor here, so I've been looking for second hand, there does seem to be some bargains around, although prices have started to go up due to christmas being so close, I've waited 15 years for a new machine so a couple more months wont hurt Wink
Moose
Rally attendee

Addictive personality!

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 10:27:34 PM »

Budget is a big factor yes, but anything over £200 will get you a machine worth having so if you don't have that, keep saving!
Not sure where abouts you are but you're welcome to have a few hours with my ET pro if you were considering one. Got mine second hand but hardly used with the warranty still valid so I was lucky.

Make holes, not war...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal