Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's haul  (Read 1512 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: December 14, 2014, 05:50:11 PM »

Well; with the BBC weather man giving dry weather from dawn till 1400 hrs today, I decided to give the EuroAce one last outing for this year.

I commenced detecting just after dawn and after fifty independent WWII targets within two hours, I decided to widen my search to see if I could unearth some civilian finds. Two buttons, a George V 1918 penny, and what looked like a silver fork later, the weather started to close in and a slight drizzle turned to rain and I decided to call it a day at 1120 hrs. Should have gone detecting yesterday, whilst the sun was shining!  Sad

What I thought was a silver fork was total unresponsive to the old aluminium foil trick and what initially looked like a hall mark must be some sort of company logo.  Sad

* Today's haul.jpg (222 KB, 421x547 - viewed 288 times.)

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Jeff The Wizard

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 09:13:46 PM »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your suspicion about the fork not being Silver was correct.
Unfortunately it's only plated  Undecided

If ring pulls and bottle tops were currency I would be a rich man
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 04:02:57 AM »

Thanks for the confirmation Geff; the thoughts of silver were nice whilst they lasted. At least I got plenty of target practice yesterday and that was the third or fourth piece of cutlery that I have found in the area where so much WWII brass turns up; perhaps an indication of better things to come there in the new year.  Undecided

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
grego
NWDD Member

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »

Well done Chris.

Grego
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 11:27:51 AM »

Thanks m8; it's going to be interesting to run the new Safari over the area next season. I wonder if the Safari can be trained to ignore the brass .303 cartridges and pick out the better finds?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal