Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone seen these results ?  (Read 3976 times)
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« on: November 21, 2009, 07:56:14 AM »

Saw this on another forum, worth looking at results ;Grin

http://www.detectortest.info/
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:44:33 AM »

Interesting results , however , i noticed that the explorers , were given every chance to succeed , i'm not knocking them as i know they are excellent , what i mean is they were tested over the same area using different programmes and then different coils , OK so it helps when setting them up , but how many people will go over the same area using different coil/programme combinations , it just doesn't happen , so in theory if you get your choice of set up wrong , your no better off than some of the other machines working in their factory set up, and most of the others were tested that way, using only their standard coils .

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 09:10:51 AM »

I agree Mike. It seems that Minelabs are the "Manchester United" of detectors in these tests. Keep altering the rules until they get a win  Wink
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 09:32:37 AM »

I disagree there tbh, dont get me wrong I know where you comming from but several machines are with different coils or setup. I  wouldnt take much notice of tests anyway as its not an exact science. there are so many variables involved its going to e very hard to do a proper test. Look at the garrett on there and it fails miserably yet people still find things with it, the laser didnt do to well either. Yet I still prefer it over the SE which I know goes deeper.
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 10:19:59 AM »

I'm not having a go at the explorer range , as i know damn well what they can doif set up correctly i was just trying to point out that the test itself is an unfair reflection on other makes considering the amount of variations tried with the explore range compared with others, consider this :

One man with one machine in a one acre field with one buried coin, how long would it take to find that coin , take into account the different programmes and coils the time taken could go into infinitum,or he could find it on the first sweep , who knows,,,  reminds me of a saying i heard , i think on Not the nine o'clock news

"its like a blind man ,in a dark room ,looking for a black cat that isn't there"

Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 11:11:21 AM »

I know what you mean im saying the test isnt fair anyway on any machine. But I do think some people have got minelab on the brain. I we looking at the same thing here?
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 11:13:26 AM »

Yes your right , i think were both on the same track

outlaw

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 11:53:54 AM »

It also shows that in reality there isnt alot of difference between different models,

as always and it has been said a thousand times, it all depends on ground conditions and how a given detector is set up for those conditions and whether the end user is proficient with his or hers detector.

I noticed e.trac didnt excel above the se  Grin  though other brands did shine !

I note some very interesting replies  Wink
detectordave

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »

Its not what you use but how good you are at using it

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
outlaw

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 12:32:40 PM »

well said Dave  Grin applies to everything don it  Wink
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 01:30:09 PM »

I dont only think its how you use it.
You can have the best Detector out but if you dont enjoy using it.
I was in this situation few months ago I had an explorer 11 that i hated using.
Since if got a differant machine (f75) my enthusiasm has returned so I'm finding more ;0)
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 01:33:17 PM »

Yip agree with that you got to enjoy it to get the most out of it. Its the same in fishing I think. Just got back in after an hour out absolutly soaked thru
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 01:40:28 PM »

Hi Paul/lisa

I think i went out on the best day we,ll have for a while...Yesterday

Im not planning to go anywhere this weekend or next week Ive had enough of getting soaked ;0(

regards
phil
cadzy

Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 02:02:11 PM »

Firstly how much did minelab pay the 'Detectorist' to publish those results Cheesy and did they remember to actually turn the Garrett Ace 250 on before the test started? Grin
 (I have had both machines, currently using Minelab SE pro with latest search coil, use it on all metal and it is very sensitive that must be agreed but looking at that test I'm not totally convinced its reliable the Garrett Ace 250 was, well ACE I thought! Undecided )
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 02:13:40 PM »

Hi Phill dont blame you its raining cats an dogs. Hi cadzy but thats exactly what I am saying. I loved the 250 but looking at that test no one would buy one. Yet we all know people that have found things with 250s so it dosnt add up does it. there u go we have just been out I found a ring with the hawkeye Lisa found nothing with the SE. dosnt mean the laser is a better machine nor that im better than her. theres so many factors to take in. Personnally I think if you enjoy your machine and focused then you will find more dosnt matter if its a cheap machine or top of the range right im off rugbys on

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal