Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Caravan Sites that allow metal detecting?  (Read 1380 times)
Bob

« on: May 09, 2012, 10:35:35 AM »

I'm a member of the Caravan Club and during the summer manage to take the campervan out for a couple of weeks with the wife and grandkids. We've been lucky enough to get permission on a site or two by asking when we are there but it would be great to know in advance what sites allow detecting. I've approached the CC to see if they would add this to their website i.e. they show if fishing is allowed, if dogs are allowed etc. But they don't seem very interested.
So, does anyone know of such places? Preferably certified sites where it's usually a farm site where only five vans/motorhomes are allowed.
I have an old booklet written by Bob Bailey who lists Metal Detecting Farm Holidays but they are more for hiring a cottage etc, are there any such books/booklets which list camp sites?

Cheers Smiley
Bob
peanut

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 11:09:35 AM »

thats what i like to see ... a true diehard enthusiast lol Grin

I shoudn't have thought there would be much worth searching for on a typical camping site but if its based at a farm I would wait until you get there then ask the land owner in person if you can search his fields. I doubt many would refuse you permission . If you let the sheep out he'd know where to find you ! Grin

Do a bit of research before you get there and impress them with your knowledge of the history of his land . Show him a few typical finds and he'll be putty in your hand. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal